No announcement yet.

Full time RV'ing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Shepard RV Park is up the road from me in Gunter and seems to be nice.
    Good Shepherd Covered Storage & RV Park in Gunter, TX offers long-term RV & boat storage with RV sites for travelers and owners.

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
      It won't.
      Dang, shots fired...Back to work I go

Originally posted by fishman View Post
      Stayed in mine for a month while we were waiting on our house to be finished. Wife, 2 kids and 2 dogs. Man that thing got small after about a week with 1 bathroom/shower...
      Ya, we have no misconceptions about the space. And we have a ton of friends in the area and family within 2 hours that have offered to let us spend time there in the evenings/weekends. The wife's plan is for 2-3 day trips per week with the boys and dogs in order to keep them from getting cabin fever.

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
      Good Shepard RV Park is up the road from me in Gunter and seems to be nice.
      https://goodshepherdrvpark.com/
      Thanks, I'll add that one to the list to check!

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
        It won't.
        Ugh oh, boss?

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
          Ugh oh, boss?
          Ya, but he's not my real dad, so he can't tell me what to do

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
            Ya, but he's not my real dad, so he can't tell me what to do

Comment

Wow, prayers up for your situation! I guess your sale contract wasn't contingent on the purchase closing? or you just like the price you are getting that much.

take a look at this site. if you have cash, try an auction.

Comment

If you want to take the RV and have some outdoor space to roam, check out Whitney Resorts (I think mainly just an RV park right). They bought the old golf course/area and even stocked all the tanks with some new fish, etc.

Here is a link.

https://whitneyresorts.com/index.php/pricing/
                Last edited by MLank; 05-18-2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
                  Well, we got the news last night that the house we were under contract to purchase came in extremely low on the appraisal, and the sellers aren't willing to negotiate, so we're having to pull our offer. Our house that we currently own went under contract last week and if all goes through, we have to be out by July 1st.

Our immediate plan is to take our RV and find the nicest RV park we can find in Collin County and live there while we figure out what we want to do. It will be me, the wife, our sons (13 and 7) and 3 dogs. Who knows, maybe we will enjoy it so much that we don't see a need to buy for awhile. We're not opposed to buying a piece of property and parking there to build on in the future, but in the little amount of time I've spent looking at land, it's as hard if not harder to find than rural homesteads with a house already on them. The wife is on board, and recognizes that our "worst-case" scenario is we're cramped for awhile, but we're debt free and have a stack of cash sitting in the bank. So, if anyone has any leads on RV parks, land, full time rv'ing, or general life hacks not mentioned on the life-hack thread, Im all ears

Hope you have a HUGE RV. I love RV'ing for vacation. in 2019 we went to Maine and back and to Colorado and back with the RV, last year we brought it up here and back to Texas, then back up here when we bought the place.

Here is the low down. We have a 26 foot box travel trailer for me, my wife, and our 3 dogs. Our house needed major renovation and repair so we lived in the RV for about 2 months total. IT WAS AWFUL. You are not on vacation, so you are trying to execute a normal lifestyle, and it was just terrible. We didn't have access to stuff we needed, cooking was restricted, refrigerator space is restricted, etc. We are selling the travel trailer. I love the freedom it gives on vacation but they are not for living. We are planning on getting super duty truck and large 5th wheel in the next few years because we love VACATIONING in the RV. Let me repeat. They are TERRIBLE to LIVE in.

Edit: If you can live anywhere there are a lot better places to live than Collin County. Obviously you like to hunt and fish or you wouldn't be on a hunting forum. Coastal saltwater like South Texas all the way to Rocky Mountains like we chose, or even 'redneck riviera' in North Florida. Now that you are footloose, you can explore what you really want in a place to live.
                  Last edited by BuckSmasher; 05-18-2021, 10:41 AM.

Comment

My boss did the same at Lake Ray Hubbard RV in Wylie. Knowing him it was a pretty nice spot

Comment

Lived in ours for 4 months with 4 kids and 2 dogs before I broke down and made the decision move into a two bedroom while we finished building our house.

Not sure what size trailer you have and what bells and whistles but we had a 31 footer. The rough parts for us was 1 bathroom and 6 people. We also had a camper size fridge so we made trips to the grocery store or ate out a ton, which cost us way more money than we planned. Also, there was dealing with walking the dogs, the trailer fighting the Texas heat to stay cool enough, again 6 people, the laundry, and new random people moving next door most all the time. One thing we also found out was that nice RV parks aren't cheap. Even making deals for the entire month cost us like $800 AND on top of that all the best spots in the various parks had been taken by long term residents.

Good luck and you have my prayers sir.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

That's not RVing, that's misery.

I love my family too much to live with them in an RV for that long.

Comment

It will test your marriage!

Comment

I have a cousin who has lived in his for probably 4 years now. He's got a wife and two kids. They'll park it a while at an RV park they own, then go on a long road trip.

I guess it works okay for them since he isn't divorced yet. No way I could do it.

Comment

Working...
                            X