X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hah! So true!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Nice to have met you and Dean. You have brought value, a new perspective, and breath of knowledge to the green screen on a variety of subjects. Glad to have you!

Here here!

Comment

This is the first I’ve missed since I started going over 6 years ago. Pretty bummed about it. Hope y’all have a good time!

In the bond....

Chuy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The last of the Mohicans.
          It was an epic weekend. Can’t wait I tom next year!

Comment

Hate that I had to miss it.

Schedules didn’t line up and my wife is traveling for the next couple of weeks and I was helping my buddy last weekend on his place in MS. This was the last weekend we had together for a couple of weeks.

We did a boil at my house in honor of team mudbugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Kids with Grandkids came through yesterday for lunch. Maybe next year.............

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                Nice to have met you and Dean. You have brought value, a new perspective, and breath of knowledge to the green screen on a variety of subjects. Glad to have you!
                Ditto!

Comment

Every year before there was a ton of pics of the festivities. Why are we slacking this year on the pics??

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                    Every year before there was a ton of pics of the festivities. Why are we slacking this year on the pics??
                    This was my 14th consecutive year attending Bownanza, so I will take a stab at this question from my viewpoint and try not to let my GOF get in the way.

Legdog, circa 2010 "Participation is key."

Pictures only capture a small part of what Bownanza is really all about. I go every year just hoping I meet another Rsatt, Deadeyedeb, or Patek. I go to hug the friends I have met through the years, while I can.

The number of photographers was way higher is the past. The people toting big cameras as part of their hobby or profession in the past have other interests and there haven't been may new camera bugs to replace them. This seems to be a great time to shout out and thank just some who have added to the Bownanza story through their lens. Michael, Legdog, Casey, Cameron, Scotty, David and Mindy, and many others.

The phone and high quality pictures. So much easier to whip out the Apple if you need to capture an image. If you understand what the phone has done and is doing to social interaction, you will get the point. A gathering of 20 people with common interests and you have half of them with their face glued to the phone or talking on it. Of those 10, maybe 1 is using the camera function.

My wife is not a bowhunter, but a dancing pig by trade. Yet she insists we get Bownanza on the calendar every year. I can only encourage everyone to make it a point to attend next year and see it through their own eyes and not the camera lens.

Hogboy

See ya next year Z.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hogboy and Zaden tbh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	24650339

Comment

Small but definitely quality all around. Great food, great company and great conversation.

Comment

It was a good time all the way around from the food to the people Enjoyed every minute of it and already looking forward to the next one
                        Last edited by Darton; 05-09-2021, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                          It was a good time all the way around from the food to the people Enjoyed every minute of it and already looking forward to the next one

Glad to finally meet you. Enjoyed the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
                            Pictures only capture a small part of what Bownanza is really all about.
                            Pictures are the only part for those unable to attend.

I enjoy looking at them even during the years I’ve attended. Can’t be everywhere all at once.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                              “We”” we’re slacking? “We” were there, and YOU should have been there with your camera!

Comment

I got to meet Heath, Artos, and Burnadell this year. That was fun. I was able to see a lot of the regulars too.

A new person was asking about this club, and we all said “It’s not a club. It’s a family.”

If y’all did not come, you missed out!

Comment

Working...
                                X