No announcement yet.

Buying Used Boat... Need Advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he stated in his "needs" that it would be 100% fresh water and that the wife said 100% it has to haul the fam

his picture shows a fam of 5 with 2 kids that appear to be mid to late teens and a third probably heading into their teens

I do not know any CC boat even a bigger one (especially in his preferred price) that will remotely COMFORTABLY haul a family of 5 around the lake for a day of recreating.....unless 2 of them like to stand up all day or they like trying to share a small seat in front of the console

any of them in the size to haul around to the 3 lakes mentioned easily and in his price are not going to have much of if any forward seating and possibly little to no rear seating much less any of that which will be comfortable for a day on the lake.......all the more so with skis, tubes, knee boards, or wake boards

Comment

Aluminum Center Console.

Comment

Originally posted by Smeone View Post
        he stated in his "needs" that it would be 100% fresh water and that the wife said 100% it has to haul the fam

his picture shows a fam of 5 with 2 kids that appear to be mid to late teens and a third probably heading into their teens

I do not know any CC boat even a bigger one (especially in his preferred price) that will remotely COMFORTABLY haul a family of 5 around the lake for a day of recreating.....unless 2 of them like to stand up all day or they like trying to share a small seat in front of the console

any of them in the size to haul around to the 3 lakes mentioned easily and in his price are not going to have much of if any forward seating and possibly little to no rear seating much less any of that which will be comfortable for a day on the lake.......all the more so with skis, tubes, knee boards, or wake boards
        The oldest daughter in my profile pic is grown and married now but we would still like the option of having 4-5 on board when just ought for fun. The issues you brought up is what makes me hesitant of a cc.

Comment

I can show you one. I've ran 4 adults and a 17 year old to the short rigs with 21'6". Two of those my parents over 75.

Done 4 adults across the lake pullin a tube with 2 kids more times Than I can count. I have a leaning post but the same hull and design (along with 3 or 4 i can think of) is available with bucket seats and room for 3 to sit behind them. And will do it 10x more comfortable than some metro looking I compromised with the wife fish and ski

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
            The oldest daughter in my profile pic is grown and married now but we would still like the option of having 4-5 on board when just ought for fun. The issues you brought up is what makes me hesitant of a cc.
            My 22ft Blue Wave Pure Bay center console has plenty of room. Yes a lot of center console bay boats cater to the fisherman that’s not concerned with sitting and more concerned with fishing. However there are plenty that have a nice bit of room with seating. My boat has two comfortable bucket seats that swivel, two jump seats towards the back on each side that fold up and then the cushioned seat in front of the console.

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
              My 22ft Blue Wave Pure Bay center console has plenty of room. Yes a lot of center console bay boats cater to the fisherman that’s not concerned with sitting and more concerned with fishing. However there are plenty that have a nice bit of room with seating. My boat has two comfortable bucket seats that swivel, two jump seats towards the back on each side that fold up and then the cushioned seat in front of the console.
              That sounds like a good setuo

Comment

Agree and will add cushions snapped on the front and rear casting deck are real nice for recreational activities

Comment

Plenty of seating. The two seats on the front storage and rod boxes are removable.
                  Attached Files

Comment

What ever you buy, put aside 20 -30% of purchase price in a boat repair/upgrade savings account.

Comment

Does that blue wave have rod storage up front? That’s one thing I never got about center consoles. Why don’t they do bow sticks rage like bad boats?

I really like that blue wave!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                        Does that blue wave have rod storage up front? That’s one thing I never got about center consoles. Why don’t they do bow sticks rage like bad boats?

It has anchor storage at the front then on either side where the removable seats are. One is rod storage and the other is general storage. It also has two good sized storage spots behind the front swivel seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post

That blue wave was on my list. Had mount Houston marine let me test drive I may have had one.

Yes, it has a rod locker. I ended up with a 214 xts nautic star. Storage for 28 rods if I chose

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            That blue wave was on my list. Had mount Houston marine let me test drive I may have had one.

Yes, it has a rod locker. I ended up with a 214 xts nautic star. Storage for 28 rods if I chose

That Nautic Star is a fine boat. The one complaint I have about my boat is it only has lockable storage for 6 rods but you can make it 10 rods if you stack em in. Lol

Comment

His stated needs make a CC bay boat about perfect.

With kids in mid teen he sure don’t want a pontoon!

Comment

Another point if shopping for used... have cash in hand and be ready to run. Same boat you are looking for is the same boat a thousand other people are looking for. Most sellers will give you time to get there and look if you have cash in hand. But if you are the "I want to come look and then I gotta go to the bank and get a loan" guy... seller will pass you by for the cash in hand guy. Been there done that a few times.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X