Rubber boots better than Lacrosse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubber boots better than Lacrosse?

Uninsulated Alphaburly Pro's started leaking after 4 months so getting a refund. Figured I'd check and see if there's any recommendations for something better before I go out and buy the same pair. I like the boots otherwise, but a leaking rubber boot kinda defeats the purpose. lol
    edit: Title should read RUBBER boots dangit.

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    Uninsulated Alphaburly Pro's started leaking after 4 months so getting a refund. Figured I'd check and see if there's any recommendations for something better before I go out and buy the same pair. I like the boots otherwise, but a leaking rubber boot kinda defeats the purpose. lol
    edit: Title should read RUBBER boots dangit.
    LaGrange....you gotta break away from those yuppie models

Comment

I've been wearing my Mucks for about 8 yrs now with zero issues.

Comment

My first pair of insulated Muck boots lasted 10 years. My second pair are going on 5. I’ve not tried their uninspired boot, but Muck seems to produce good quality

Comment

I bought some Magellan insulated boots at Academy. They've lasted 3-4 years with heavy nearly weekly wear and just now need to be replaced. I would buy them again.

Comment

I bought a pair of irish setters, but havent worn them yet...I'm done with Lacrosse as well.

Comment

My mucks soles came loose during the third year.

Comment

Xtratuf

Comment

Originally posted by wloftis View Post
                  Xtratuf
                  These look great...........

Comment

Another recommendation for Mucks.

Comment

Bogs

Comment

I have a pair of Magellan Swamp Kings that I have had for 3ish years. Not daily use, but almost every hunt. The only problem I had is they have 800G of insulation and that can be alot here in Texas. As soon as they came out with an uninsulated pair last year, I jumped on em. Only have 1 season on those, but they have been great as well. I expect the same from em. Also not bad on the pocket book at under $100 each.

Comment

I've been happy with Lacrosse & Mucks.

Comment

My Lacrosse did the same thing. After a night of hunting my one foot/sock was damp. It has happened on 2 pairs already. Nothing yet on my 3rd pair, but if it does it again I am done with Lacrosse Rubber boots

Comment

Thanks yall, we seem to be forming a consensus...

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                              My Lacrosse did the same thing. After a night of hunting my one foot/sock was damp. It has happened on 2 pairs already. Nothing yet on my 3rd pair, but if it does it again I am done with Lacrosse Rubber boots
                              That's the way these were, from day 1 the left boot always seemed to be kinda damp. I kept thinking maybe I splashed a little water over the top or something. It doesn't help that my feet sweat like crazy so there's always some dampness but the left was always more wet than the right.

Comment

Working...
                              X