OTC unit Archery elk in Colorado ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of discussion here finally !
    I know someone will help, I’m done with 75 and 751.
    Not saying they can’t produce, but the odds are horrible. I’m looking at putting in for a draw tag. Just got to figure where.
    I have about 6 days left. Come on with some help.

Comment

For archery and 0 points to draw there are not that many units with better harvest success than OTC. I had swore off CO after they made a license purchase mandatory before purchasing a preference point but now all but a few states are doing this. So I am debating the 999 choice this year. Nobody is really going to tell you the results of hours of sorting harvest success and draw odds provided by the state and they certainly are not going to put it on the internet for all to see. Maybe build a $104 point and go otc 2nd rifle. Top Rutt breaks down draw odds and harvest rates cheaper than go hunt but not near as user friendly.

Comment

Do not forget to consider this https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/ and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
          Comments here are pretty entertaining, yet overly discouraging for most part.

Easy to draw units in CO are essentially OTC because they have left over tags. Bulls die every year in those units. Are they a unit 10 or 76.. no terrain is much harder, doesn’t mean less elk, just generally means more physical

Op don’t give up on those units. You need to pick a different entry and go from there. Don’t be scared to be mobile. I’ve packed a few bulls out of there and still have friends that hunt it. Their success is pretty consistent.

I glassed several bulls up and called in to small rags messing around last year. I even helped re-affirm an area while on side of a mountain for a TV crew in a otc unit last year, they went in bugle upped and killed a bull over Labor Day weekend. This was their third move in the unit. They stayed mobile

Keep the faith, one foot in front of the other and March on.

Agreed. I have hunted a very popular area for hunters that is OTC and have always been on elk and killed a small 6x6. You just have to get away from the masses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The best to ya sir. Something I always wanted to do as a young man.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              The best to ya sir. Something I always wanted to do as a young man.
              Come on TG !
              We can sit you up next to the road and push em to ya.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                Do not forget to consider this https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/ and good luck.
                Thanks Plano Dano !
                Any and help is greatly appreciated.
                And I understand nobody wants to tell about the goods on line anymore lol.
                This is what PMs are for. Hence the word Private Message.

Comment

Still looking !
                  Thinking North for sure. Anyone ???

Comment

Originally posted by Mudcatz View Post
                    My buddy backed out on me. Trying to convince wide to let me go alone.
                    Go on your own. I went by myself, and had a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                      Go on your own. I went by myself, and had a blast.
                      Im gonna try. Im gonna tell her I’m meeting someone there. Which technically will be the truth. I’m sure I’ll see other people.

Comment

Im gonna try. Im gonna tell her I’m meeting someone there. Which technically will be the truth. I’m sure I’ll see other people.
                        Your more than welcome to tag along !
                        I figure it’s best to have a couple in a group in case of emergency or blood on ground.
                        Feel free to hit me up.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                          Lots of discussion here finally !
                          I know someone will help, I’m done with 75 and 751.
                          Not saying they can’t produce, but the odds are horrible. I’m looking at putting in for a draw tag. Just got to figure where.
                          I have about 6 days left. Come on with some help.
                          Do you have any preference points?

Comment

My buddy backed out on me. Trying to convince wide to let me go alone.
                            I go alone almost every year and wouldn't have it any other way and I'm an old man.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                              Your more than welcome to tag along !
                              I figure it’s best to have a couple in a group in case of emergency or blood on ground.
                              Feel free to hit me up.
                              I normally go to the southern part. It’s draw only. I have points but will not burn them yet. So I will enter 2nd choice.

Comment

-
                                Last edited by BuckSmasher; 04-01-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X