Y’all, my wife… wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y’all, my wife… wow!

After a disappointing season of bikini completions my wife had decided to hang it up for a while and get busy living. This was from her national show this year.

And this trip to Colorado has been on her mind all year. Last year we did 80 plus miles in a drought stricken area and hunting was tough. Called in 3 bulls but couldn’t get it done.

Fast forward to this year. We arrived yesterday around 2, dog tired from driving and set up camp. Got behind but made it to a waterhole for an afternoon sit around 5:45. Around 6:20 Caci days she sees and elk coming followed right after h it’s a bull! I look up and this guy is walking into the water at 15 yards. We got 5 mins of wallowing and splashing before he decided to get up. In the meantime I got the camera moves and set up to begin filming. Once he stood up he turned and walked road side allowing her to come to full draw. Once he stopped she sent an arrow out of her RX4 right trough the lungs. That 68.5# draw weight sent her 430 grain arrow right through him with m! He spun, ran 40 yards and stopped. That started waking away. We weren’t sure since he ducked the shot so we gave him a few hours. Well, he was laying 10 yards from the last spot we saw him. The tears of excitement out of this girl was the best early bd gift a man could ask for! We spent the next 4 hours breaking him down and camping him out. What a way to start a trip! I’m just happy the pressure is off my back! Plan is to kick back and enjoy the next day or so. Gonna go catch a few trout this afternoon and have grilled trout and fried elk heart for dinner!

God couldn’t have put a better woman in my life. I love living life with her and never knew life could be so amazing! 3 years into marriage and I know the adventures we are going to have in our lifetimes will fill 10 lifetimes. Ow that she has her elk, all focus will be on our 2022 caribou drop hunt out of Kotz next mid September. Guess I’m up now and have to fill my tag! Oh, momma has a bear rag too and wants her a black rug! 9 days to find her one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice elk congrats to you both

Comment

Sweet! Packing all that meat is a workout in itself!!

Comment

WOW!!! Great elk and great story!

Comment

Y’all are living the dream. Congrats to you both. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Way to go Caci!
            Congrats to y’all

Comment

Fantastic, waydago!!!!!!

Comment

Great elk!!!!

Comment

Wowee, excellent trophy- congrats !

Tbher's nocking them down this year

Comment

Outstanding!!
                    Congratulations to you both!!

Comment

Congratulations. Great elk

Comment

Great stuff! Congrats!

Comment

Wow, thats a great elk!! Congratulations to her.

Comment

Awesomeness!!! Congrats

Comment

Congratulations to you and your Wife on a beautiful Elk!

Comment

Working...
                              X