Ko2 vs toyo mt ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ko2 vs toyo mt ?

Going on a tundra that’s a daily driver with lite off roading during the fall in Colorado, kansas, or Texas while hunting.

I love the toyo look but never had them. I’ve had ko2’s and they were awesome tires. Going on after a 3” suspension life and on 18” wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had both, and I was not a fan of my K02's. They were very poor on wet roads for me. Held up fine, but the Toyo's seemed smoother, and they should not have been with the mud terrain thread over the AT. Just my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
      I have had both, and I was not a fan of my K02's. They were very poor on wet roads for me. Held up fine, but the Toyo's seemed smoother, and they should not have been with the mud terrain thread over the AT. Just my experience.

That is odd bc the ko’2 I had were great in all conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
        The k02s on my chevy get real squirrely on wet roads.

Even with that I'm putting a set on a tacoma tomorrow. They do really well in the brush I drive in in STX.

Comment

I look to switch every time I need tires. But because I have never had as much as a flat tire, I can’t justify the switch from the bfg’s. I drive through a lot of sharp rock, cactus, and mesquite

Comment

I've got around 95k on my Tundra's KOs with a little life still left. They have far exceeded my expectations.

Comment

On my 3rd set of Toyo MTs. I’ve had great results out of them.

Comment

Toyo MT are some heavy SOBs. I got some of the 1st KO2s that came out on a 3/4 ton and wasn't impressed. They were slippery when wet and didn't last more than 30k. Discount told me the early ones had problems with the tread compound or something. I'm running the Toyo AT3's on my tundra. To answer the question, if you had decent luck with the BFG and don't go mudding, I'd just stick with them.
                Last edited by jdg13; 08-25-2021, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Nitto just released a new tire. I think its the Recon Grappler. Im seriously looking at them for my truck.

Comment

I don't have person experience with either, but why the Toyo MT? Why not AT 2 or 3? Also, I have 18" wheels on my truck, and tires usually seem to be more expensive for them.

Comment

I just bought a new set of KO2 for my F150. My previous set got around 55K miles put on them before buying the new set. I obviously liked them enough to buy them again.

Comment

I currently have KM3 and ran Toyo RT for 200k roughly and Toyo AT and ko2 for another 200k before those.

The kM3 are a harder compound then the RT’s and are much louder, I think they are touch better on snow and ice, and good bit more bite on dirt and mud. Should last longer on rock.

Jury is still out, I normally get 48-55k out of a set of RT’s.

If I was going AT I’d go to Toyo ATIII over the ko2. I switched wife’s suburban from ko2 to ATIII in Feb. not a fan of the KO2

Comment

I have had both. I have a pair of Toyo M/T's (12 poly) on my F-250, with roughly 48k miles and plenty of tread left. I had a pair of KO2's on my F-150 and the tread seemed to wear down a whole lot quicker than that of the M/T's, although a quieter smoother ride. Both great tires, but if you can handle the humming/noise of the M/T's then I would prefer those.

Comment

I go through a lot of tires, and hated the original BFG KOs. The KO2s have been excellent on my half ton trucks. I think I’m on my 7th set so far, and not a single complaint. On heavier trucks they suck from my experience. I run Toyo RTs on my F-350.

Comment

I have the Ko2 tires on my Tundra and they have been good. Had them on my truck when I took a trip in June to California, and they held up well.
                              Last edited by tomcat8910; 08-25-2021, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X