Permit-less carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permit-less carry

I'm sure there are other threads about this, but how does everyone feel about this?

I know it's constitutional and everyone's right, but is it really "Everyone's" right? until they go Cray Cray because their girl friend cheated on them and start seeking revenge n public???

I don't know a lot of details, but the idea of ANYONE who wants, (crazy or not) be able to carry does not suit well with me,,,

not to mention as a Permit holder, we're always recognized as "good citizen" with no background issues, specially when the LEO realize that....

My thoughts are the person who is gonna go "cray cray" and/or just regular ol crazy people did not give a flip about a permit and it would not stop them from having, owning, carrying a gun and doing what crazy people do.

Comment

"ANYONE who want, (crazy or not)" could already carry if they wanted to without an LTC............. not legally but a piece of paper isn't gonna stop them if they want too

As far as your point on the benefits of being a permit holder you can still keep your LTC, constitutional carry doesn't get rid of it......

Comment

I just retired LE. Im all for it. People that are crazy could care less about a permit. Not everyone can carry- Only people that would qualify to get a “permit” now. I dont see any negatives

Comment

just reads the whole thing, "if you legaly allowed to carry" , is the main thing i got out of reading it, the penalty for carring when you are not legally alllowed is going to be more. we will just have to see how it all polays out, i will maintain my LTC and continue to coneal carry

Comment

Poor cops. Another reason to retire.

Comment

You could move to Chicago they don't allow carry over there. New York is another bastion of "safety" if that's what your worried about. There is zero legislation that will prevent your hypothetical situation. I think what needs to be addressed first and foremost is the degradation of American culture. The ignorant are idolized and the honorable are chastised for doing jobs that must be done. Also if you've take the LTC class you know how simple they are, in my mind they provided zero aside from the legal aspects that were covered.
              Last edited by arrowsmack324; 06-17-2021, 09:26 AM. Reason: P

Comment

Good grief...where are all these crazies in the dozens of other states that have CC?? You really think passing CC is going to make people criminals all the sudden??

I'm still waiting for the tbh members to come eat their crow when the passing of open carry was going to make folks crazy...I'll wait.

Comment

It's not going to change anything, anyone who it applies to can all already carry in our vehicles and such.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                    I'm sure there are other threads about this, but how does everyone feel about this?

I know it's constitutional and everyone's right, but is it really "Everyone's" right? until they go Cray Cray because their girl friend cheated on them and start seeking revenge n public???

I don't know a lot of details, but the idea of ANYONE who wants, (crazy or not) be able to carry does not suit well with me,,,

not to mention as a Permit holder, we're always recognized as "good citizen" with no background issues, specially when the LEO realize that....
                    Crazy people or those who wish to harm others don't give AF about any laws.

Comment

LTC only limited "good people" (law abiding citizens).

Comment

If the second amendment were treated by the citizenry as carelessly as the first is by the "free press", I would be concerned. That won't be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post

That's a rather narrow view, you've got there

Comment

Since no one wants to prevent that person who actually has a history of cray cray from having access to a gun then it’s only fair the realist of us has the right to carry

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                              You could move to Chicago they don't allow carry over there. New York is another bastion of "safety" if that's what your worried about. There is zero legislation that will prevent your hypothetical situation. I think what needs to be addressed first and foremost is the degradation of American culture. The ignorant are idolized and the honorable are chastised for doing jobs that must be done.
                              Spot on as far as the problem being more cultural than legal. As a whole, society has become more worried about Monday morning quarterbacking everything. Personal accountability is a thing of the past. Equally as important is the conversation that needs to be had about mental illness.

Comment

Working...
                              X