Places to Stay in New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places to Stay in New Orleans

Looking for recommendations on places to stay in New Orleans. Going fishing in Venice in October and planning on spending a few days in New Orleans afterwards. Would definitely like a place close to Bourbon St. / French Quarter with easy access to good bars and restaurants.

Thanks in advance.

Pick carefully. We landed in a bad one years back.........................

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
      Pick carefully. We landed in a bad one years back.........................
      Will do. I've never been so I'm trying to stay somewhere that people have had good past experiences with.

Comment

DO NOT stay at the Ritz.

Comment

Stayed at the Jung twice, on the end of Canal and about a 10-15min walk to bourbon. It is affordable and rooms are nice. Was there last weekend and the hotel was kind of dead with many of the amenities closed due to covid. It was serviceable but not the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Got it for about $120 a night so definitely affordable but you may want something nicer or more fun and closer to bourbon.

Comment

We stayed at the Royal Sonesta a couple of weeks ago and it was nuts. Bourbon St was dirtier than I have ever seen and I used to work down there. The city was just coming out of Covid restrictions and the locals were being typical. that stimulus money was flowing!!

We spent most of our time over in the Jackson Sq area and it was okay. If I went back, I would either stay at the Hilton on the river and walk, cab or Uber to the French Qtr or stay in the Garden District and see all of that area.

If there is a nicer restaurant you want to go to like Commanders, Court of Two Sisters, etc. make reservations now. We did and that was the only way. Most of the French Qtr restaurants were an hour and a half wait because they cannot get enough help either.

Comment

We've stayed at hotel monteleone several times and have had a good experience there. Fairly close to everything. Rotating bar in there pretty cool.

Comment

Last time we were there we booked Bourbon Place by Sextant through Stay Alfred. We ended up going with a one bedroom apartment a block away from Bourbon St. The apartment came with full kitchen, full bath and washer/dryer. Price was very reasonable, and it had a modern feel/decor which my wife liked.

I liked it as it was kind of hidden (you'd walk by as there is no sign up front, and just looks like another building), and you need a key card just to access the building, so it's very private.

Comment

Only advice I have is to factor in parking. We stayed at a nice place along Canal and it was cheaper than the few around it, then we found out it was +$40/night to park the truck. Barf. Was suddenly the same price/more than the others we passed on that included parking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                    DO NOT stay at the Ritz.
                    Noted.

Comment

As others have said, start booking stuff now including reservations at restaurants. Some of the nicer ones are booked for weeks. Check out the Warehouse District and keep in mind Bourbon has not been the safest area lately.

Comment

My favorite hotel in New Orleans but I went 15 years ago so not sure what it's like now.
                        Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                        We've stayed at hotel monteleone several times and have had a good experience there. Fairly close to everything. Rotating bar in there pretty cool.

Comment

Sonder — Maison De Ville is where we stayed before Covid. Looks like it checks all your boxes except the parking part. Don’t know about that. Great historic place and a short walk to some great eats (but those are everywhere). Plenty to see and do on 2 legs. Have fun!

Comment

We stayed at The Saint. I liked it, and good location.

Comment

I like to stay at the Hotel Mazarin

Comment

Working...
                              X