Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
    This,
    and then we are trying to hire them as contractors, making 60% of what they made before layoffs.
    The operators just aren’t paying service companies what they were either so it makes sense not to pay as much. Workers can accept that or do something different. We are slowly reducing people on location and working towards more fully remote operations and it’s going really well. More and more big operators are wanting to reduce people on locations and it will happen on most eventually. Those boys better make it while they can

Comment

We are a waste management company with a lot of oilfield business. I’m trying to hire 3-4 roll off drivers and it’s incredibly difficult to do right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BRust View Post
        In Sales for a machine shop here in Houston. This week I took in $500K worth of Po's. First time this has happened in a WHILE.
        I... think I might know you?? If your username is an abbreviation for your real name, then we have worked together in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          The operators just aren’t paying service companies what they were either so it makes sense not to pay as much. Workers can accept that or do something different. We are slowly reducing people on location and working towards more fully remote operations and it’s going really well. More and more big operators are wanting to reduce people on locations and it will happen on most eventually. Those boys better make it while they can
          while it's true that everyone is trying to stay lean, there still needs to be boots on the ground to take a well to completion. everyone is short handed and the current employees are expected to pick up the slack without any compensation for the extra workload.
          I work as a technical instructor in a large service companies maintenance department teaching controls and automation. I have a new class every 2 weeks so i get to hear a lot about the competition and the hiring process that they are using right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
            All I hear from all the service companies I talk to is staffing is the biggest problem.. they can’t get people back to work.
            Well hot dog, I own a staffing agency and I am TBH sponsor...tell them all to call me.

I am busy as heck with my current customer base (manufacturing). I'm actually fixing to hire my oldest son to come aboard for inside/outside sales and will need one more experienced inside/outside sales person in manufacturing.

If anyone here would like to work for a great family owned staffing company (est in 1997) and has connections within manufacturing in the Houston/Conroe area, shoot me a message.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
              Small Machine shop. We are busier than ever. Bought 2 more machines this summer, added on to shop, 6 full time guys now plus me. So far I have spent every dime on expanding to meet demand. Could still add a couple of guys if work warranted it, but Im about ready to settle in a bit and actually keep some money. Been a long tough road...

Mike, sure glad to hear you are doing well!! The good guys seem to be able to find a way...

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                while it's true that everyone is trying to stay lean, there still needs to be boots on the ground to take a well to completion. everyone is short handed and the current employees are expected to pick up the slack without any compensation for the extra workload.
                I work as a technical instructor in a large service companies maintenance department teaching controls and automation. I have a new class every 2 weeks so i get to hear a lot about the competition and the hiring process that they are using right now.
                The pay can get better but not until the oil companies start paying again. Service companies have continually taken the beat down. We get hit quick for price reductions and very slow to come back up. Rates have never got back to where they were in 2011-2014. Guys can’t expect to get paid those wages from then either. I find a labor shortage a good thing though it helps us push for more money from operators to go after guys

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  Well hot dog, I own a staffing agency and I am TBH sponsor...tell them all to call me.

I am busy as heck with my current customer base (manufacturing). I'm actually fixing to hire my oldest son to come aboard for inside/outside sales and will need one more experienced inside/outside sales person in manufacturing.

If anyone here would like to work for a great family owned staffing company (est in 1997) and has connections within manufacturing in the Houston/Conroe area, shoot me a message.
                  Will do buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

You every have anything around bryan/college Station let me know [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems like they are finally cutting the "OG lifestyle" out of the picture some, and running it like an actual business now

The people who used to enjoy the high life don't like it anymore.

Glad my wife got out of the pipeline side of it

Comment

Fall cucumbers are coming along. Out of nowhere, leaves are getting what I would guess is some kind of blight.

What's going on here and how can I treat it?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                          Fall cucumbers are coming along. Out of nowhere, leaves are getting what I would guess is some kind of blight.

What's going on here and how can I treat it?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Xylene?! 15% HCL maybe… clean it right up

I think you’re asking the wrong dudes…

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post

Thanks! I was wondering why the heck I couldn't find responses on the gardening thread!!

Comment

In the county I live in they are putting in three big pads for natural gas. Seeing a little more truck traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post

15% wouldn’t be enough

Comment

Working...
                                X