• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
    its means you didin't get picked and TPWD is a tease
    This

Comment

no luck for me, all pending second draw and out for hagerman maybe next year. I have 2 pref points now, as this was my second year to apply for any hunts

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
        Let me know what a $130 Squirrel taste like?
        haha, will do.

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
          Just won National Refuge General Deer - Trinity River NWR (Brierwood)

I don't know anything about these Trinity River places.
          I did a muzzleloader hunt in Brierwood in January 2020. Saw deer every day I hunted, but the best shooter was seen on a scouting day of course. Only good potential shot during the hunt period was on a big shed deer that I passed on to let him grow a new set, I didn't need more deer meat that badly as the freezer was already filled. It can be VERY wet in the whole place, as Trinity River easily floods it. In fact, the tree I put my stand up in on scouting day was in the middle of a pond of standing water when I went back to hunt it. And the hogs have absolutely torn up the whole place -- getting your cart and stuff in and out is a real slog. If it is warm enough, watch out for cottonmouths.

Comment

I drew GDE at James Daughtrey! First time I’ve drawn a gun buck hunt and looking forward to it.

Comment

Nothing for the 5 of us, all pending 2nd or not selected. I really had some hopes up for this 9/15 draw too, we put in a lot of categories and some group and some individual apps with up to 7 points.

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
                haha, will do.
                That said I hate little tree rats and did put in for E-Squirrel. Good luck!

Comment

Drew Trinity River NWR- Hirsch General Deer 11/6-14/21
                  Struck out on my 4 GD-E/S apps

Comment

No Chap but BIL and I drew Balconnes Canyonland. Still have some more to draw.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      dunno bud, maybe just easier for them to narrow it down...who knows.
                      Some WMA don't do second draw, like Powderhorn. Any spot not claim in the regular draw goes to stand-by as they have a lot of people showing up for those.
                      Some of the parks also don't do second draws, their choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                        Let me know what a $130 Squirrel taste like?
                        Man IÂ’ve hunted it during the deer draw. If you like squirrel hunting itÂ’s like a $130 month long squirrel lease. The place is absolutely packed with squirrels.

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
                          I drew GDE at James Daughtrey! First time I’ve drawn a gun buck hunt and looking forward to it.
                          Might very well be the best one you can draw too! Love that place!

Comment

I wouldn't say best but its a good one

Comment

nada here

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
                                congrats, thats one we always put in for

looking forward to a live hunt

Comment

Working...
                                X