Navel Brisket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navel Brisket?

anyone q one? its like a beef pork belly. big hit in the u k .hard to fine here?
    Last edited by waterdog; 09-05-2021, 07:22 PM.

Never heard of it but after looking it up I’d like to try making some beef bacon out of it.

Comment

HEB can order it for you. I've had them order it for me in the past.

Comment

Just a fancy name for flank.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Just a fancy name for flank.
          Not really. The flank is below and behind the ribs. The short plate is under the ribs and is where beef navel comes from. On the short plate section you have the outside skirt steak and the underside is the beef navel.

Comment

Originally posted by thisisbeer View Post
            Not really. The flank is below and behind the ribs. The short plate is under the ribs and is where beef navel comes from. On the short plate section you have the outside skirt steak and the underside is the beef navel.
            Lol. I know... I was a butcher 18 years and owned a packing house.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Lol. I know... I was a butcher 18 years and owned a packing house.
              lol so you know it's not a fancy name for a flank steak? It sure cooks different.

Comment

A lot of the deli`s in the northeast use Navel`s to cure and make Pastrami. In my 25 plus years as a retail butcher/ meat market manager, I never laid hands on a navel, but I do know that it`s not just a fancy name for a Flank. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                  A lot of the deli`s in the northeast use Navel`s to cure and make Pastrami. In my 25 plus years as a retail butcher/ meat market manager, I never laid hands on a navel, but I do know that it`s not just a fancy name for a Flank. LOL
                  [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NngFAsRJhWQ"]House-Cured Pastrami – Steven Raichlen’s Project Smoke - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                  X