No announcement yet.

Good truck tires ~$150 each?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had bad luck with Coopers over the last few years. Starting back in 20' I have been running Hankooks on my company truck with no issues. They see some heavy loads on my company truck pulling loads of trailers back from north Texas and seem to be a very good tire. I had Falken Wild Peak AT3W on my last personal truck and they were good tires

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Are those E rated?
      112, so I guess they are C. (?)
      Discount Tire says they are load range SL.
      Last edited by Brute Killer; 08-25-2021, 07:18 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

I'm trying a new tire called Hercules this go around. Made in America and side wall is thicker according to the tire store. Also has road hazard. Just got 10k on them so no review yet. They are 10 ply.

Comment

What Discount Tire shows for load range D.
          Add $40 per tire for E.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210825-202528_Chrome.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	24660947

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
            112, so I guess they are C. (?)
            Discount Tire says they are load range SL.
            SL is one of the designations for P rated tires. You want LT tires with a load range of C, D, or E with C being lighter duty and E the heaviest. The tires you listed in your last post would be a good choice.

Comment

I run Cooper AT and love them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
                SL is one of the designations for P rated tires. You want LT tires with a load range of C, D, or E with C being lighter duty and E the heaviest. The tires you listed in your last post would be a good choice.
                Discount Tire is supposed to get some Pathfinders in tomorrow. Made by Hankook for DT. 10 ply.

Comment

Pathfinders were not on the delivery truck today at Discount Tire.
                  I got these:

Name:	Screenshot_20210827-175134_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	24661039
                  For the price of these.

Name:	Screenshot_20210825-202528_Chrome.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	24661040
                  The Walmart in Marble Falls wouldn't listen to my argument about the failed tire and potentially bad tire. Still dealing with the Walmart tire situation.

Comment

Ive been happy with my Yokohama, Michelin, cooper, and several others. Price typically buys quality. If its a road only vehicle, go with the Michelin ltx M/S

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
                      Toyo has earned my money the past 10 years.

Weird how experiences differ. I’m on my 2nd set of Toyo AT2 after all 4 of the first ones were replaced due to belt separation.

They still suck. Wet pavement traction is non existent. I can roll into the throttle to pass someone on the interstate at 70 mph and they will spin until I let off the throttle. Terrible tires in my experience.

I should have cut my losses when the first set failed. Thank goodness I bought replacement certs at Discount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m really impressed with the Michelin A/T’s that came on my pickup. Just passed 75,000 mls and I’m still not downs to the wear bars and never had a flat. Not much of a tread pattern for off road but I haven’t gotten stuck and they are really good on wet roads.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                          I’m really impressed with the Michelin A/T’s that came on my pickup. Just passed 75,000 mls and I’m still not downs to the wear bars and never had a flat. Not much of a tread pattern for off road but I haven’t gotten stuck and they are really good on wet roads.

I want to run these but they don’t make them in the size I want.

My next ones will either be the Falken Wild Peak AT3 or the Kenda Klever AT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've had good luck with Mastercraft Courser AXT and MXT tires. They are made by Cooper and are reasonable and last. Had a set of AXT's on a 1500 for over 60K miles and have a set of MXT's on my 93 jeep right now.

Comment

Bf all terrain is the only tire I run. Last set I ran 74,000+ miles.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X