Group Axis doe hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    “ I have a hard time justifying $300-$400 for 30lbs of meat when that money would buy a lot of ribeyes.”

I think this ^^^^ statement rubbed some guys the wrong way. When you start trying to justify cost of hunting vs pounds of meat actually yielded of course it makes no sense. The grocery store is a better bargain every time. Good luck to you. I hope y’all find a cheap place, have a great time, and making lasting memories.

Yup, if it was only about the meat cost compared to a grocery store, I'd have to sell my bow and my guns tomorrow because I would never hunt unless I could mooch something and even then, its still more expensive when you factor in fuel and lodging.

Comment

Perhaps a group dove hunt would be more in line with your budget.

It's heavily weighted on the fun side just don't do the math on cost per pound of meat...

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
        Perhaps a group dove hunt would be more in line with your budget.

It's heavily weighted on the fun side just don't do the math on cost per pound of meat...

Dove may be the most expensive per pound of all game animals.

Definitely fun hunts though.

Comment

Some people have more money then brains. This is why hunting is so outrageously priced nowadays. I don't care what you think is a fair price, I asked if anyone knew of a group rate for that price, not what YOU think is an acceptable rate. I have been on this forum long enough to know there are plenty of richard heads on here, some more frequent then others, typically of the Pope and Young category. Always have to throw in their 2 cents...

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by deerslay3r View Post
              Some people have more money then brains. This is why hunting is so outrageously priced nowadays. I don't care what you think is a fair price, I asked if anyone knew of a group rate for that price, not what YOU think is an acceptable rate. I have been on this forum long enough to know there are plenty of richard heads on here, some more frequent then others, typically of the Pope and Young category. Always have to throw in their 2 cents...

In between your insults of other members don’t overlook post 15. I don’t think you will find a cheaper rate. Tons of Axis out there too

Comment

Originally posted by deerslay3r View Post

So being broke makes one smarter?

Richard head makes more sense.......Liberal has me scratching my head. I'd rather be called a richard head than a liberal...

Comment

Someone needs a Snickers.

Comment

pricey meat

Comment

I thought back in 2008 when gas hit $4.00 a gallon things would change. Leases would go down, hunts would get cheaper etc etc. Not a chance. Joe averages wallet is going to be all but schredded before he/she blinks. Even then the wealthy will pick up the slack.

Comment

When I was growing up, my dad taught me never to back down from a fight. At the same time he also told me NEVER to be the one to throw the first punch (followed by the consequences that would befall me if I ever did!).

I am consistently amazed at the number of people on this forum who, after reading a simple statement or personal position on a seemingly innocuous subject, come out “swinging” in their responses, almost as if they’ve been personally attacked. And, more and more, it is becoming the norm. When did this happen? At what point did it become acceptable in our society to respond to an alternative perspective with personal insults or offensive epithets?

I remember, as a youngster, my mother telling us, “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all,” and that “silence is golden.” The time some people spend responding to various threads with hostility and offense might be better served spending that time in search of a little “gold.”

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                          When I was growing up, my dad taught me never to back down from a fight. At the same time he also told me NEVER to be the one to throw the first punch (followed by the consequences that would befall me if I ever did!).

I am consistently amazed at the number of people on this forum who, after reading a simple statement or personal position on a seemingly innocuous subject, come out “swinging” in their responses, almost as if they’ve been personally attacked. And, more and more, it is becoming the norm. When did this happen? At what point did it become acceptable in our society to respond to an alternative perspective with personal insults or offensive epithets?

I remember, as a youngster, my mother telling us, “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all,” and that “silence is golden.” The time some people spend responding to various threads with hostility and offense might be better served spending that time in search of a little “gold.”
                          But….but……it’s the internet. 😜

I don’t personally see any hostility but I concur with some of what you’re saying. I just feel a lot of folks on the green screen, some of us more so than others, lack a certain amount of “tact”. 😂

That being said, most of the responses are pretty spot on IMO. Hunting exotics, especially with a group and with an Outfitter, can get expensive. In comparison….beef is cheap!

Comment

OP if you find a good cheap place to take your group please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

I am glad you put this here, it couldn’t have been said any better.

Comment

Maybe have some luck with MLD ranches or someone over run with axis, trying to lighten up the feed bill.

After the freeze, it knocked down the numbers on alot of ranches. Raised the prices on everything across the board. Cheapest I've seen is about 500 per doe.

Comment

Working...
                                X