2021 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
    No doubt. They have faced some buzz saws and survived.
    Our starting pitcher from last night coined our line up the “Giant Slayers” based off the last 4 arms we have beat. If anyone has a t shirt maker and can get to Omaha there is a mint to be made.

Comment

Vandy is not built to win it all out of the losers bracket. They are built on two starters who are amazing. Texas can bang and win in a shootout game. I dont care who you are its hard to run out of the bottom bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde12 View Post
        Our starting pitcher from last night coined our line up the “Giant Slayers” based off the last 4 arms we have beat. If anyone has a t shirt maker and can get to Omaha there is a mint to be made.

There definitely isn’t a hotter team than the Wolfpack right now. Good time to be hot.

Comment

On the Horn they have been talking about the shadow during the 6pm game. At the beginning it crosses at home plate and then moves toward the mound. The ball going from sunshine to shade makes it hard to pick up movement and spin. The last two days the offenses have exploded in the early game. Both late games were pitchers duals with record strikeouts. Makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            On the Horn they have been talking about the shadow during the 6pm game. At the beginning it crosses at home plate and then moves toward the mound. The ball going from sunshine to shade makes it hard to pick up movement and spin. The last two days the offenses have exploded in the early game. Both late games were pitchers duals with record strikeouts. Makes sense.

Happens in Austin all the time, probably happens in a lot of parks. I'm sure it makes it tougher, but both teams are playing on the same field.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

I halfway agree with this. This is just my opinion but i think this only applies for I would say 15min total in the game and that 15 min is when the shadow is somewhere right at the front of the mound to the rubber. If it's in between the plate and mound it makes no difference as you better of already made the decision on ball/strike, pitch, swing, take ect.

As a hitter you have a split second to decide if you are swinging or not. In that split second your mind has to process a ton that comes from reps. Arm slot of the pitcher, wrist angle of the pitcher, ect. ect. the list goes on and on but you dont realize your body is doing all of this due to the amount of reps you get every day at that level and your mind/body kind of go into auto pilot.

Just from being fortunate to play in Omaha at TD Ameritrade the shadows and everything mess far more with the left side of the defense more than the hitter. The sun and glare are absolutely terrible and there have already been multiple plays where the left fielders are getting terrible reads or just not picking the ball up off the bat at all.

I think the night games have just seen some dominating pitching.
              Last edited by Gclyde12; 06-22-2021, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Happens in Austin all the time, probably happens in a lot of parks. I'm sure it makes it tougher, but both teams are playing on the same field.
                All 4 teams actually. All of the offenses struggled. 4 runs total.

Comment

Win or go home....

Comment

Let's do this!

Comment

Go UT!!!!

Comment

Al Leiter stealing the camera last night, Peyton Manning today.

Comment

Horns look like home is where they are headed. Look like absolute shat. Leadoff hitter, 1st pitch swinging flyout. Hope I am wrong but not looking good out the gate.
                          Last edited by bigbad243; 06-22-2021, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                            Horns look like home is where they are headed. Look like absolute shat. Leadoff hitter, 1st pitch swinging flyout. Hope I am wrong but not looking good out the gate.
                            Sounds about right, can't even lay a bunt down...

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                              Sounds about right, can't even lay a bunt down...
                              He made up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                                He made up for it.
                                Yup

Comment

Working...
                                X