No announcement yet.

Tbot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the Glen Parker Chester shoot was picked up by a ranch.

It was only canceled this year due to COVID-19

Comment

Tboo

Mike, thanks for your time and work that you put in to make TBoT the great organization that it has been. This sounds like exactly what needs to be happening. We appreciate the work and sacrifice that all the reps do each year . I do believe that y’all should be able to depend on the membership to pitch in and help y’all out more.
      Last edited by chuckc.; 11-12-2020, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
        I thought the Glen Parker Chester shoot was picked up by a ranch.

It was only canceled this year due to COVID-19
        that is a non TBOT shoot

Comment

I'll try to keep y'all updated

Comment

Why is it not handled more by each club? Like a TBOT rep at each club?
            I know Jerp works hard at it for Cowtown and I could easily assist him for that. That's how the pistol silhouette matches were always handled.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              Why is it not handled more by each club? Like a TBOT rep at each club?
              The club rep is usually whoever wants to put a shoot on and is responsible for setting the range up.
              TBoT rep is responsible for running the shoot and the awards.
              TBoT and the club split proceeds 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by loco cacahuate View Post
                The club rep is usually whoever wants to put a shoot on and is responsible for setting the range up.

TBoT rep is responsible for running the shoot and the awards.

TBoT and the club split proceeds 50/50.
                Okay but that means the TBOT rep must go to each shoot. Must travel, make travel arrangements and it costs them.
                I'm suggesting not having that. Let the clubs handle it individually.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  Okay but that means the TBOT rep must go to each shoot. Must travel, make travel arrangements and it costs them.
                  I'm suggesting not having that. Let the clubs handle it individually.

If the clubs had to “handle it individually” there would then be no reason for them to split the money with TBoT!

Bisch

Comment

Well it seems to work for the TSRA.

Comment

I hope someone is willing to do it but honestly having the time to give up at least 4 days for each shoot, at least once a month, plus paperwork/computer work. Just seems a lot for most people to be able to commit to for 6 months a year.
                      Now if you had one person as the coordinator who handled the web page, money and order of buckles, shirts etc, but didn't have to travel to each shoot because volunteers at each club managed the shoots, collecting and splitting money as well as being able to request buckles needed then that would work as well.
                      I just don't see a lot of folks having the time to give the commitment level the past folks have given.
                      Like you and I, yes we retired, but now we have second careers going. Plus a lot of the shoots are too far for me to want to travel to.
                      So they can either find that 4 leaf clover of someone with the time, energy and ability to do all they have done in the past, or adapt and find new ways to make it work in the lives of people who have more going on than that. Like grandkids, a ranch or a job/business.

Comment

Since I’m the one who started this mess I’d like to make one thing clear. There is not a thing wrong with TBOT as an organization. The people who take on the responsibility of being a regional officer or the president deserve nothing but praise. They work hard and sacrifice a lot of their time to make these shoots happen . I’ve never shot in any shoot that I didn’t express my appreciation to the people who made it possible. I do believe that the membership could do a lot to make this easier. I’ve belonged to archery clubs for at least 50, but I’ve never belonged to one that didn’t expect the membership to pitch in on the work. I would encourage each rep to solicit members who they could count on to take on some of the responsibilities. I’d be more than happy to do that for Glenn and Rhonda.

Comment

TBOT seems to be a great organization. And they have managed this area as long as I have attended shoots. They have handled it well. But that much burden can cause folks to burn out as well.
                          Personally I don't shoot enough tournaments to make a difference. But I felt like alternatives might be appreciated and considered. I've been a member of a couple of gun clubs, archery clubs and bass clubs over the decades and have seen people who take on too much and burn out and leave. However I am no one in this so again, my apologies for offending anyone with my input.
                          If I offended anyone other than Bisch ([emoji6]) I apologize.

Last edited by DRT; 11-12-2020, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I just talked to Glenn. We will be hosting a shoot at Brazos County Archery Club.
                            We (BCAC) just set our schedule. We normally have a TBOT the Saturday before our normal
                            club shoot. I should be able to nail down a date within a week or two.
                            Not sure if it will be just one or two different shoots.
                            Ron

Comment

Loco you have a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
                                Loco you have a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                gotcha

Comment

Working...
                                X