X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get an Axis hide tanned?

Any place near Cleveland?

Where to get an Axis hide tanned?

I don’t know if there is anyplace in that area. I send mine to North Texas Tannery in Denton. It’s only $70/hide, and they do a great job. I have 2 there now, and another in the freezer to send up! I have a handful he did spread all thru the house.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      I don’t know if there is anyplace in that area. I send mine to North Texas Tannery in Denton. It’s only $70/hide, and they do a great job. I have 2 there now, and another in the freezer to send up! I have a handful he did spread all thru the house.

Bisch

Do you ship them to the tannery?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        Do you ship them to the tannery?
        Yes, freeze the hide wrapped up tight into a ball. Overnight it frozen. Done it many times myself too and they turn out great.

Add some dry ice if you want the extra peace of mind.

Comment

Freeze and ship on Tuesday. They do a good job. I’ve had about 15 done without complaint

Comment

Check UPS ground before paying for overnight. I was about to throw some away once due to high cost of overnighting from Humble to Denton. Checked UPS ground and it said it would arrive next day. He had then by 9am next morning.

Freeze in a good trash bag, box and ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
              Check UPS ground before paying for overnight. I was about to throw some away once due to high cost of overnighting from Humble to Denton. Checked UPS ground and it said it would arrive next day. He had then by 9am next morning.

I should have asked about ground. I shipped two last week from Sugar Land and it was $110.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post

Thanks for that info.

Comment

New place near me, ima let them do some critters in a few weeks

Comment

Working...
                  X