GOUT Sufferers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOUT Sufferers!!

So it’s been 13 years since my first gout attack. I finally got to the point where nothing was working(diet, hydration, etc..). So I’m currently having an acute attack and I threw in the towel and doc started me on Indomethacin and Allopurinol. My question to y’all is, what are some of the side effects that y’all have experienced with Allopurinol? I’m on day 3 of taking it and I’m having some what appears to be mild to moderate side effects. Before I reach out to my doc, I would like to see what some fellow gout sufferers have experienced!

I honestly only take Allopurinol when i feel one coming on. I haven't had any side affects that i can think of.

Comment

I've been taking It for about 4 yrs now. I havent had many side effects, but recently the pharmacy must have switched the manufacturer. Was taking a white version and now have a pink version. I preferred the white because it seemed to be slower dissolving. The pink seems to instant dissolve, so I now try to take with food all the time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

No side effects that I know of. Been taking it for about 15 years now. Still get attacks every couple months. What kind of effects are you having?

Comment

I'm on allopurinol for kidney stones and to my knowledge I have no side effects. My dad is on it also for gout and same thing.

Comment

Really dry mouth/lips, mild to moderate pain in left kidney region, real lethargic. Don’t know if this is something that with subside with time or if it will always happen. I’m to the point where I will try anything to not have an attack. They have been getting worse and worse. Recently had it in my elbow and knee at the same time and then a few weeks later got it in my big toe all on the left side. Just miserable.

Comment

No side effects from Allopurinol. I was still having attacks until Dr changed my blood pressure medicine to do away with the fluid pill. Haven’t had an attack in several months🤞

Comment

Been on allopurinol for about 8 yrs with no side effects. Take 10mg a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I take Allopurinol too...…
                  Don't know about any side effects...……….
                  But good grief...… anything is better than an attact of gout....

Comment

Head aches! and Back pains.

Comment

Go get labs ran. That should tell them what they need to know to get you on the right meds. Allopurinol has never gave me side effects and ive been on it tor a few years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Have you found your trigger ??? Tea and sugar are mine.

Comment

ULORIC has been a miracle drug for me, I hope I never suffer having to use a walker, or have to crawl to use the bathroom again From gout

Alcohol was my trigger
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 10-17-2020, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Allopurinol has stopped my attacks completely with no side effects. I take 300 mg daily. Changing my diet didn’t help. Allopurinol is the only thing that works for me.

Comment

I used to take it and didn't notice any side effects at all. I was able to adjust my diet finally to get rid of it pretty much completely. I still get flares up very occasionally. Alcohol in general and particularly red wine are my real triggers. Also I get problems if I have weeks at work where I am stuck in my office chair for a long time. I used celery seeds also to help me and they definitely made a difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X