Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone make a simple tripod anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone make a simple tripod anymore?

I have an old Strongbuit tripod that is 20 years old that I still hunt out of. It has the tripod base and the legs slide into a sleeve and each leg has one bolt. I can put it up and take it down by myself in less than 10 minutes with no tools. It's just 3 bolts and butterfly nuts.

I am looking for a new tripod for a different area but all I see are tripods that I can tell from the pictures will take about an hour to assemble and aren't easily moved from one spot to another.

Does anyone have an old Strongbuild tripod they want to sell, or recommend a simple tripod?
    Last edited by bowhunterhelm; 10-14-2020, 03:29 PM.

south texas tripod

South Texas Tripods and Feeders is a hunting tripod provider based in Spring, TX. Visit our online shop today for all your hunting tripod needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      Simple as they can get here. I own 2 of these and they are nice, light and easy to move around.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Monarch but you will need someone to help set it up they are heavy

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          I have academy’s game winner similar version of this

Comment

I have one similar to a south Texas tripod, legs fold out, climb and sit. I’m to old for it. Heavier than south Texas Tripod, has thick wall conduit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would rather stick with a Quadpod! I have purchased the Gametamer Quadpods and have built a few of them myself.

3 of the four legs have telescoping legs so you can level it on uneven ground and it is much more sturdy platform to shoot off of! Can set up really quick also!

Comment

Loved my old 10 foot Strongbuilt tripods, like the OP said they were super easy to set up and moved, plus they were very reasonably priced. I felt fairly safe climbing in and out of them. Some of the newer tripods are either too expensive, too big, or lack adequate flooring/footing for me to feel safe getting in/out off, especially in the dark.

Comment

Call this guy I bought 2 of his tri-pods they work great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought a couple of Game Winner from Academy. The legs swing in to move and transport. Priced reasonable.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

How tall of one ( strong built ) do you want ??

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                        I have an old Strongbuit tripod that is 20 years old that I still hunt out of. It has the tripod base and the legs slide into a sleeve and each leg has one bolt. I can put it up and take it down by myself in less than 10 minutes with no tools. It's just 3 bolts and butterfly nuts.

I am looking for a new tripod for a different area but all I see are tripods that I can tell from the pictures will take about an hour to assemble and aren't easily moved from one spot to another.

Does anyone have an old Strongbuild tripod they want to sell, or recommend a simple tripod?
                        Jerimy, I bought a tripod...least 20 years ago from a guy in austin(a fire man) Frank was his name. He built them as a side job. It went from about 6-10'. telescoping legs. I used this design to build a bigger one. If you have the welding skills or know someone who does, this would be a good tripod to build. Swing by the house to see the bigger one.

Comment

South Tx Tripod,I have 3 of the med size ones and love them.Super simple and fast to set up!

Comment

Tripod

This is a pretty simple tripod that I am willing to give to someone. It needs a new seat and new steps. I built this thing over 35 years ago. It is not a big man tripod, but will hold someone up to at least 200 lbs. as long as you are gentle climbing up and down. I left it out on the coast for the past 5 years, and it didn't do the step any good. Located in Santa Fe. I will be out of pocket until next week without any service. So if someone is interested, I will get back with you sometimes late next week.

Bob
                            Attached Files

Comment

Tripod

The tripod has been spoken for.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X