Let's see some 35 remington kills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see some 35 remington kills

Found an older marlin 336 in 35 remington. Thinking its gonna be a hammer and wanna see some kill shots to get pumped up about it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Don’t have any pictures handy but it is a hammer on deer and pigs both in a rifle and a pistol

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
      Don’t have any pictures handy but it is a hammer on deer and pigs both in a rifle and a pistol

Same here. No pics of my pistol kills on turkey, deer, pigs, and old metal 5 gallon cans.

I've loaded a very wide array of loads from 124gr 9mm up to 250gr 35 cal Speer Sptizers that were just for fun at 200 yards at the 5 gallon cans, from my T/C Super 14. If you can find them, Remington made some 150gr soft points that had a very flat trajectory. Shot my last pistol buck facing me, in the neck at 101 yards with that load along with a few turkeys and other critters. DRT.

Comment

No pics but truck bed full of animals fell to .35 Remington, .358 Winchester and .35 Whelen for me...

Comment

No kill pics so here's a pic of mine

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a CVA Scout in 35 Rem. It is death on pigs, and it likes the 200 gr. Cast bullet from a RCBS mold.

Comment

All I got is they don’t shoot “that far.”

Comment

I have used it extensively across the country. I used to own a good portion of the Marlin 336 SS-LTD’s until the price went so high I paid for half of my house by selling them off. I used the 35 Remington from the time I was 8 years old. Hornady LeverE is the best factory ammo available. It lends itself to more positive results by reloading. It kills on par with a hot 357 mag using factory ammo. Does it work, yes. I would never use the word “hammer” though.

I have owned most everything ever made in 35 Rem during my playtime with the 35 Rem, to include a KS Model Seven. I would go as far to say nobody that ever lived other than myself pursued the mythology of the 35 Rem proving that Elmer Keith’s spot on the “Tops” ad was false.

I do not own a 35 Rem anymore. I even passed my granddaddy’s Marlin 35 on to my cuzin.

Not one game animal I’ve shot with a 35 Rem, and thats hundreds, had even the authority of the 30-30. Terminal damage does not compete with the 30-30 150gr Powermax.

I used the 35 SS-LTD as my pattern (and parts) to take a 444 XLR and convert it to straight stock walnut with a 20” barrel...It is the “authority” I was hoping for with the disappointing 35 Rem.

Factory 35 Rem Sux, a 35 Whelen its not. A reloader can make it what it deserves to be.

Last edited by Johnny44; 09-28-2020, 07:59 PM.

Comment

I don’t have any kills yet..but I plan to... I own 2...and rigged them both up how I wanted.... A ‘67 Marlin 336SC..and a ‘63 Marlin 336SC deluxe... Both with 3x9 compact scopes..Leupold rings and mounts...both 35 Remington..and sighted in with Buffalo Bore ammo...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Dang I love this place pictures of a 336A and an SC Deluxe in 35 Remington to drool over

Comment

I am looking for one of these to put in my collection. My great grandfather bought one when they first came out. And my Grandfather used it to kill his first deer. It was stolen when my dad was a teen by another teen they knew. And never recovered.

Originally dubbed the FN 1900, the "Model 8" (introduced in about 1905) was pretty much responsible for the 35Rem gaining it's fame, since it is a rimless carriage. Do a little history search on it and you will find a very interesting history. Including it's use by Law Enforcement to stop Bonnie and Clyde in their tracks.

Comment

No pics, but me and a good buddy killed the hell outta pigs with a 35 Remington 336 and a 700 in 30-06 about a year ago. The 35 thumps em good!

Comment

Not your typical 35 Rem but I've killed a pile of animals with this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	35Rem.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	24632708

Comment

Working...
                          X