Federal Fusions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federal Fusions

Been wanting to see how they perform on game and finally got that chance today. Friend of mine from NM came to visit this weekend and I decided to try to get him on any axis that might show up at the feeder. Shot a little buck this evening. Quartered too pretty decent. I told him to shoot base of the neck. He shot point of shoulder and center punched it right below the joint in the big bone. Bullet stopped in the back of the stomach. Weighed 140gr new and came out at 120gr, expanded to @ .75 inches. 7mm-08, 50 yard shot through a leg bone. I’m extremely impressed with how this thing held together.

I have been using them in my 7 rem mag for many years with good performance

Comment

I’ve always been a huge fan of Federal Premium ammo in the past. Almost to the point of exclusively shooting it. It got hard to find a few years ago during the shortages so I tried the Fusion. I was leery at first since it’s price point compared to the Premium obviously suggests it Federal’s value line. That being said, I’ve been equally impressed with it as well. Idk, they’ve either tightened their standards and tolerances during production or...some firearms just settle in and like certain ammo.

Comment

My go to ammo. I’ve heard it’s being rebranded as Federal “Buckmaster” but I don’t know if that’s a valid claim or not.

Comment

Good stuff, good report- but be stingy with the ones you have left.

I was looking for some in 7-08 a few weeks back and couldn't find any and when I did it was a premium. I switched over to Federal Premium Nosler Partitions (because I could find them) and they grouped decently enough, but kicked less than the other branded boxes of ammo I brought with me. kinda odd as they claimed ~ the same speed on the box.

Comment

All I use in my 243's, 270's, and 308's.

Comment

I've read the 62 grain 223 fusion load is a legit deer bullet. Probably try them in my AR this year

Comment

Originally posted by muddydog View Post
                I've read the 62 grain 223 fusion load is a legit deer bullet. Probably try them in my AR this year
                I shoot these in my AR for deer. Love them. I have always shot less than 50 yds and usually in the neck. All dropped dead...no tracking.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Fusions have always performed well for me in a variety of calibers. My dad and I both shoot them in our 7-08's.

Comment

My wife's 243 loves them.

Comment

Might give'em a shot in my 308 and see if they group well.

Comment

Originally posted by muddydog View Post
                        They are. If you can't find them the Speer Gold Dot is effectively the same bullet. If you shoot something with a Fusion/Gold Dot and you don't find it in short order, YOU messed up. I have never seen one come apart and in the rare instances I have recovered a projectile in an animal, they all look just like the photo above. 223, 308, 243, 6.5, 270, 7mm-08, and 7mm Rem Mag.

They just flat out work and if your rifle shoots them well there is no reason to spend anymore on bullet.

Comment

All I have used for several years in a 270, 30-30, and 308 never have I wanted more in the performance on game or accuracy department.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                            Might give'em a shot in my 308 and see if they group well.
                            Well..... plenty of us recommended them to you

Comment

I’ve not found many guns that won’t group well with them. That’s my round in both 6.8s. Hog killing machines !

Comment

Working...
                              X