6.5 Grendel or 6.8 upper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 Grendel or 6.8 upper

I’m looking at building a budget friendly kids gun for my daughter and nieces / nephews. Looking for a hog/deer/coyote gun. These 2 calibers intrigue me for low recoil and decent energy. I’m a big 7.62 x 39 fan and use them exclusively on my thermal setups....but I haven’t gotten the greatest accuracy out of the cheap Russian ammo.

The gun will be run suppressed at all times and will not be shot further than 200 yards. Plan on using just plain ol 3x9 leupold on it.

Currently looking at a 12” PSA 6.5 Grendel or a 16” Sanders Armory 6.8.... I’m not patient and both of these are in stock.. lol

I’m leaning towards the 12” Grendel since we won’t really be shooting very far.
    Any tips or other recommendations? Would prefer not to spend over $500

flip a coin, you will be happy with either.

Comment

I went bison armory on a 6.8 build and was very please.. everybody I talked to said the 6.8 was a hog killer. 6.8 has my vote

Comment

I just got my 6.5 from PSA a few days ago. I was impressed with the shipping on it. Ordered it and have it a few days later.

Comment

Because of the options listed, go 6.5. The Grendel does well out of a short barrel, and less weight goes along way when packing at night. For the record, I'd take the Grendel if both barrels are 18 inches.

Comment

I have a 6.5 Grendel and love it. It packs plenty of punch for hogs, deer and yotes.

Comment

I like my Grendel!! Has done the job on javi’s out to 300.

Comment

My vote is Grendel but I’m very partial to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

350 legend. Built a bear creek arms lower and upper for less than 500 mild recoil and good out to 200 yds

Comment

I'm a 6.8 guy. Proven cal. on most things but I have never had a Grendel.

Comment

I sent you a PM I have a RRA upper 6.8 , just need BCG , changed caliber and has been on the shelf , will cut ya a deal if interested. believe it is chrome moly 1/10 twist mid length.

Comment

Grendel gets my vote !

Comment

I see nothing wrong with the 7.62x39. Mine shoots sub moa with my handloads, has a Shaw barrel. Doesn't do quite that well with Russian ammo, but isn't bad,at about 1.5-2 moa, good enough for the distances it is useful at. Out of the two you mention though, I'd probably do 6.5.

Comment

Grendelino

Comment

One more vote for Grendel. Took a sheep at 300yrds with it. No problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X