Best low light scope??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best low light scope??

I have noticed that in the last 15-20 minutes of shooting light my eyes just don’t work the way they use to. What’s the best low light scope that’s affordable. I know Swarovski is great but I haven’t even looked through one knowing I can’t ever afford one. So post what works for you. Thx!

My Vortex HST 6-24x50 does a good job for me.
    As far as being the best I can't say. This is the only optical scope I've used in low light.

I do have Digital NV that works in the situation you described with out using the IR illuminator.

Of the 2 the Digital NV was far cheaper.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Leupold makes some of the best low light conditioned optics there are. Of course you get what you pay for, but they do have some economically priced scopes and you can find people selling them quite often. Most companies today have all got it down pretty good Bushnell, Nikon, and I hear great things about the vortex brand. I'm no eye doctor but I would be curious to know if different scopes can play a role with different eyesights just like glasses???

Comment

Low light is where the best glass shines and the best glass ain’t cheap there are lots of good rifle scopes that will perform in low light your budget will determine where you start don’t be afraid to check the used and demo market

Comment

What’s your budget?

Comment

3-9 ziess conquest has been pretty good for me. pretty affordable

Comment

A larger objective lense will help. So something like a 50mm will pick up more light.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Schmidt&Bender, next

Comment

For sure not vortex viper series down or any Nikon

Comment

Look at the Meopta or Tract Toric line of scopes.

Comment

I have been happy with my VX-3’s and VX-2’s from Leupold.

I tried a couple Vortex products and quickly got rid of them because of their low light performance. Same with the one Nikon product I tried.

I have yet to step up to Swaro, but hear good things.

Comment

Any scope of decent quality so something made in the Philippines japan or European countries so probably $250 and up range. The bigger the tube and objective as well as the clearer the glass the better light transmission you get. A 1” tube get a 50mm objective. With a 30mm tube I would go 44mm at the smallest maybe a 42mm if the glass was good. Leupold vx3i, vortex viper are the lowest I would go. Some not so main stream brands like swfa and sightron are making pretty decent stuff.

Hopefully that link works. I would start there. Just a sit in a blind shoot a couple hundred yards I wouldn’t see spending over $500. Now if you are out spot and stalk shooting some distance then spend as much as you can afford.

Comment

Swarovski Z8

End thread.

Comment

Need to know your budget to point you in the right direction.
                            I’m a gold ring guy so for $1000 and down I’d go vx5hd.
                            Less than $500, it’d be a vx3i with 50mm objective

Comment

Originally posted by tminc View Post
                              Schmidt&Bender, next
                              This

Comment

Working...
                              X