Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think was a 270 shell

Comment

What you have here is very typical of hill country, Late Archaic camps. The mostly complete point appears to be a Bulverde and about right for the age. Most of those rounded pieces are single use knives /scrapers. There are a few fragments of clearly finished products but mostly unidentifiable.

There is a broken piece(center post 8) that hints of SaintMarys Hall but I cant tell for sure from that pic. If so, it is considerably older. Most of that will be 3-5,000 years old.

Comment

I hunted a day lease near Del Rio that had a bunch of pieces like the ones you have shown. Pretty sure I wasn't the first person to look for pointy rocks there.

Looks like you are on to a camp area because of all the variety of tools. Got any natural water sources nearby?

Comment

There is a small fragment in post 7. Third one from the top on the right hand side. I would like to see good pics of it please. Both sides with clear enough focus to see the flaking if possible. Probably nothing but interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
            I hunted a day lease near Del Rio that had a bunch of pieces like the ones you have shown. Pretty sure I wasn't the first person to look for pointy rocks there.

Looks like you are on to a camp area because of all the variety of tools. Got any natural water sources nearby?
            There's a dry/seasonal creek bed running thru my place.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              There is a small fragment in post 7. Third one from the top on the right hand side. I would like to see good pics of it please. Both sides with clear enough focus to see the flaking if possible. Probably nothing but interesting.
              Thanks garguy, I'm home now. I will take more pics when I go back next week. I have a lot of small points that are complete not broken I will get pics of also.

Comment

Pics of individual items with something for scale really helps. Indirect Outside light often helps show the flaking which is crucial to identification in many cases.

Comment

[ATTACH]768325[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]768326[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]768327[/ATTACH]

Comment

incredible that they would spend probably longer creating the tool to perform their task..than the actual task took with the use of the tool..
                        fascinating

Comment

[ATTACH]768328[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]768329[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]768332[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]768334[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X