Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool deer...congrats

Comment

Great deer, that should be a trophy to anyone! You should be proud.

Comment

Congrats on the trophy buck.

Comment

Great buck! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great ST Buck Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by LillDragun View Post
              Dang! you called it!!

And thanks everybody! Totally feeling the love!!
              Yea used to hunt down there. The deer quality kinda dropped off after bracken let some guys lease it and they shot the place all to heck glad to see the deer are coming back

Comment

Nice buck! I’d say it’s probably a trophy by about any standards.

Comment

Great buck congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Great buck! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by LillDragun View Post
                        This not a trophy by most standards. But it will be MY trophy for a good bit I imagine. He was taken in Tilden on Wednesday morning at 7:29pm with my Sako 243.

Saw him on Tuesday morning but couldn't get a good angle on him. He kept going back and forth between 160 and 280 yards and only stayed out for about 40 mins and then went into the brush and didn't come back out. Didn't come out in the evening either.

So on Wednesday morning, when he came out to eat the half a bag of corn I dumped , I took my rifle out and got him in my scope. Had him ranged between 140 yard and the furthest at about 250 yards as he was running off the does. Finally when he decided to quarter broadside at 153 yards, I squeezed the trigger and got him in the chest and broke his right shoulder. He dove into the dirt for about a half second and then hobbled off with 3 working legs back in the brush

After about 35 mins, my buddy and I went to the spot where I shot him and...NO BLOOD... looked around for about 10 mins looking for a drop or some bloody mud. NADA. Chose a spot where I believed was the spot that he went in, funny how the brush looks like a different county when you get to the spot you think he ran into haha! another 10 minutes of looking and nothing. Started to panic slightly, not one drop of red sighted. Then out of sheer luck I saw a single drop of red on a blade of grass/weeds and touched it and it was sticky. Success!! We have a blood droplet!!! We continued to look and would get lucky with a droplet here and there. After a total of about 6-8 droplets of blood that seemed random we spotted him about 20 yards from us through some thick mesquite and cactus. When we finally made it to him, he was about 50-60 yards from the road and bedded down dead under a mesquite tree. Now for dragging his big *** out through all the mesquite and cactus FML!!

Dropped him off with Bob at Seacoast Taxidermy right away that evening! Still wicked excited. Can't wait to get that mount back to put on the wall! Also, can't wait to get a chance to take a deer with my bow one day!

Edit: From Bob after he scored it for me, ...
                        "not a trophy by most standards"

Congrats on making the 150 club. Not many people do in their lifetime.

Comment

Congratulations! Kewl brow tines.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                            "not a trophy by most standards"

Congrats on making the 150 club. Not many people do in their lifetime.
                            Thanks!! I didn't know that!

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAddict View Post
                              Congratulations! Kewl brow tines.
                              right?? :-)

Comment

Congrats! Heck of a buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X