Home security systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
    We finally just bundled our security monitoring with our Xfinity package.

All I can say about alarm monitoring companies is read the fine print in the contract; especially the renewal clause. I originally went with a smaller company (Connect One, I believe is what it was called). I accidently let our 2 year contract lapse. You would think, it will just fall to a month-to-month deal like cable or phone service. Nope, without written notice at least 30 days prior to contract maturity date, they had a clause for an automatic 2 year renewal. We were moving and they tried to hold me to the 2 year full contract literally 2 months after it automatically renewed. I had to go through multiple layers to get out of the contract and still paid an early penalty fee of $300. Still was better than paying like $1,200 they originally wanted. Crazy to say the least. Like I said, be cautious and read the fine print.

I consider myself a reasonable person, but the way some of these contracts are structured is borderline unethical imo.
    Exactly like Vivint!

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
      Blink. No service. No contracts. No wiring. No professional install. Too easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We have Blink as well and I highly recommend it. Just make sure you get the XT2 cameras and not the new Blink "Outdoor" cameras if you want the free cloud storage

Comment

Going on 4 years with vivint and have never had a problem works as it should, interior cameras and ring doorbell work flawless, also have a stand alone camera system as well

Comment

Working...
        X