No announcement yet.

7th grade math question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uff. Math is a four letter word! I got it just enough to get out. But my question is still the same to this day...why? I commend those who have the math brain and dig all that alphabet math tho! Never saw the need for much more than the 4 biggies. Smartest math I ever did was marrying a CPA!

Comment

pancakes it equals pancakes

Comment

purple

Comment

Thanks for the help. But hell I been framing houses since I was 12 and I ain’t never had to use x or any of that crap. Just basic math. I’ve never understood why kids need to know this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by STONE KILLER View Post
            Thanks for the help. But hell I been framing houses since I was 12 and I ain’t never had to use x or any of that crap. Just basic math. I’ve never understood why kids need to know this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Well, it makes you feel good when 3 college graduates ask you how to prove a math problem.

Comment

Framing carpenters doing complex roofs have told me they use geometry all the time, regarding rafter angles and slopes. I can see radio tower builders using Pythagorean Theorem to determine the lengths needed for guy wires. I used it years ago for setting up a TV antenna. Lots of use for math. I say this as an English major that took physics for my science (barely passed) because it seemed fun and interesting.

Comment

Working...
              X