Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What'r yall doing with the "ham ball" cut of meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What'r yall doing with the "ham ball" cut of meat?

I'm curious to see what yall are doing with this cut. I think it's technically a sirloin or something but I've been doing the whole thing as pot roast in a dutch oven and I thought aboot smoking one. Did this one tonight in the dutch oven til 150 degrees.
    Attached Files

That's sirloin tip or often called knuckle. Good cut but multiple muscles. Gotta be sliced like you sliced it.

Comment

We break it down farther by muscle and grill hot to rare in the center. Once sliced the center section is rare and each end is med rare.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Comment

I think mine gets put into sausage.

Comment

Slice it thin with the grain and make jerky.

Comment

Hmmmm. We made lots of jerky already but I could see that working. Tonight I sliced it real thin and covered in whiz for philly cheesesteaks but it was kind of a shame because the flavor was super good by itself. I would have loved to do a French dip with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              Hmmmm. We made lots of jerky already but I could see that working. Tonight I sliced it real thin and covered in whiz for philly cheesesteaks but it was kind of a shame because the flavor was super good by itself. I would have loved to do a French dip with this one.

You say-n ya "whizzed" on it?

Comment

Yup... in Philadelphia they just call them cheesesteaks but they ask whiz or no whiz. Lol

Comment

Think I'll avoid that Phillydellfa place at all cost.

Comment

Slice is t cross grain and put it through cuber(tenderizer) twice then chicken fry...

Comment

The sirloin roast, or ‘football’ As it’s labeled in my freezer. I use them as roasts, recents made a bunch of pulled bbq with a few ‘WT.B Footballs’

Comment

Makes a good roast at my house

Comment

Can it

Comment

Pot roast, grilled med rare roast (like pictured) stew cubes, smothered steak. I keep them all. It’s a pretty versatile piece of meat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X