Help with AR Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with AR Build

With the whole world going down the drain, and the virus keeping me from doing what I'd like, I figured I'd take this time to do something I've been wanting to do for a while...build an AR.

I know what I want, but not where to look or how to start. Basically, I'm not looking for anything more than practical. I'd like a 300BLK pistol with arm brace...that's about it.

So, where do I begin...?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Start with a lower receiver, lower receiver parts kit and a brace with tube, buffer and spring. Then I would get a complete upper with bolt carrier in caliber of choice. I have used Palmetto State Armory or Primary Arms. Tools needed mainly a 1/8 inch role pin punch. You can watch YouTube videos to show you what order to put the lower parts kit in. Good luck and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
      Start with a lower receiver, lower receiver parts kit and a brace with tube, buffer and spring. Then I would get a complete upper with bolt carrier in caliber of choice. I have used Palmetto State Armory or Primary Arms. Tools needed mainly a 1/8 inch role pin punch. You can watch YouTube videos to show you what order to put the lower parts kit in. Good luck and have fun.
      this right here , also check Midway USA and Sportsmans guide for parts.

Comment

I'd get a LaRue upper kit and also get a LaRue lower along with it and be done.

LaRue Tactical the Dead Center of Precision. Scope Mounts, Light Mounts, Uppers and Lowers all Made in the USA!

For a practical AR I would think you would get more use out of a 6.5 Grendel or 556 over a 300 BLK pistol IMO

Comment

FYI unless you already have ammo or reloading components .300blk isnt your best choice for caliber as its nearly unobtainable right now and has been for a bit and what is available is about a .75 to 1.50 a round lol. If you do then by all means get after it, but if you don't you might look into a standard 5.56 build with no shorter than a 10.3" barrel. A 12.5" 5.56 is a great happy medium for maneuverability and ballistics.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
            FYI unless you already have ammo or reloading components .300blk isnt your best choice for caliber as its nearly unobtainable right now and has been for a bit and what is available is about a .75 to 1.50 a round lol. If you do then by all means get after it, but if you don't you might look into a standard 5.56 build with no shorter than a 10.3" barrel. A 12.5" 5.56 is a great happy medium for maneuverability and ballistics.
            This

Comment

Working...
            X