2019 powerstroke vs 2019 duramax .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 powerstroke vs 2019 duramax .

Looking for the green screens, knowledge based opinion on which one would you pick if you had to buy brand new. I’m not getting a 2020 cause the duramax are ugly than all
    Get out. So that’s why I ask about the 19’s. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both and the power stroke has a lot more power !

Comment

What will you be pulling and hauling?

Comment

1/2 diesel or 3/4 ton diesel?

Comment

I haul 17K with my 17’ F-350 SRW regularly, and have had up to 21K behind it. It handles the weight very well, and doesn’t have any issues at highway speeds with either of those weights. Personally I think the current Ford is more comfortable than the outgoing GMs. The newer GMs are supposed to have a much larger backseat, which is one of the major complaints with the older trucks. I do have an 18’ Sierra 1500 as well, and it has its typical GM electrical gremlins. Other than that it has been a good truck though. I’ve got 51k on my 17 F-350, and 101k on my 18’ Sierra. I’ve put roughly 320k on 15-18’ model GMs. I haven’t had anything major on them, but everyone has had annoying electrical failures.

Oh and the L5P should get better mileage than the Powerstroke. Not a huge factor in that class of trucks, but something to consider.
          Last edited by TX03RUBI; 10-21-2019, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I have had a 2013 Powerstroke and 2016 Duramax and now have a 2019 Powerstoke. The Duramx seemed lazy to me. My vote is Powerstroke 100%

Ford F250 has more interior room than the GMC as well

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
              I have had a 2013 Powerstroke and 2016 Duramax and now have a 2019 Powerstoke. The Duramx seemed lazy to me. My vote is Powerstroke 100%

Ford F250 has more interior room than the GMC as well
              The 19’ L5P Duramax is a completely different animal than the 16’ LML Duramax. The rest of the truck is pretty much the same.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                The 19’ L5P Duramax is a completely different animal than the 16’ LML Duramax. The rest of the truck is pretty much the same.
                Didn't they update the fuel system on the new L5P as well to a denso system? I had a 15' Duramax LML and had the fuel pump grenade on me. It was covered under warranty but if it would have been out of pocket I would have been screwed.

Comment

This should be a can of worms....

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                    Didn't they update the fuel system on the new L5P as well to a denso system? I had a 15' Duramax LML and had the fuel pump grenade on me. It was covered under warranty but if it would have been out of pocket I would have been screwed.
                    Yes. I haven’t seen the failures from the current fuel systems that the LMLs were prone to.

Comment

I had a 15 Duramax although different than the 19 as stated above. Now I have a 17 F350 SRW king ranch powerstroke and it has been my favorite truck I’ve ever owned. My vote is for the powerstroke.
                      Yes they don’t get as good fuel mileage but it’s not terrible either.

Comment

I had the 15 lml it was a great truck and it pulled great. I don’t pull anything huge. A 30
                        Foot goose neck with hay and tractors every now a then. I’m going to be getting a 19. I really like the look of the fords is why I ask. At the same tome reviews on line people like the new duramax. I just know I won’t get a dodge. Had one in the past and my gosh it was trouble from the inside to the out.

Comment

Death wobble and Ford not addressing it would keep me out of a powerstroke.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                            Death wobble and Ford not addressing it would keep me out of a powerstroke.
                            My friend has a 2019 f250 power stroke and I was following him to work on 59 doing 75 and his started the death wobble !! Holy chit it was violent , truck has 20,000 miles on it ..

Comment

I'm a Chevy man so I say Duramax. Power stroke pulls better but fuel mileage is bad. Ford knew this so put an optional 50 gallon tank on the long beds. JMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X