Camera Lens Recommendation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Lens Recommendation.

Just took the plunge into the camera world. Picked up a Canon EOS R6 with a 20x105 lens. Obviously this lens is not going to shoot very far. The more I read and watch YouTube videos the more confused I get-
    Lol. I’m not concerned about bird photography, but what lens in the 500-600 mm range would y’all recommend? Mainly for deer, hogs, etc at 200 yards - ish. Thanks. Any help or advice greatly appreciated!

200 yards is a absolute poke for a lens and if you are wanting good photos during prime hunting time then this is what you would want lol

With a f4 stop you’ll lose alittle bit of time early/late
    Buy Canon RF 600mm f/4 L IS USM Lens featuring RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format, Aperture Range: f/4 to f/32, Super UD and Fluorite Elements, Super Spectra and Air Sphere Coatings, Customizable Electronic Focusing Ring, Optical Image Stabilizer, Two Focus Presets, Circular 9-Blade Diaphragm, Weather-Sealed Design, Fluorine Coating, Rotatable Tripod Collar. Review Canon null

These are more realistic lenses for 150ish (absolute max) and in with good lighting

This I’d say 75-100 and in by zooming/cropping during editing

Edit: sorry went into that without knowing your price range.
    Last edited by 150class; 02-06-2023, 10:24 AM.

Comment

If you don't want to spend an absolute fortune (which is really what you need for 200 yard wildlife shots), then your best bets would be either the Canon 100-500mm RF lens, or you could get a third party lens and use the RF to EF lens adapter. That opens up the 150-600mm options from either Sigma or Tamron.

Comment

The Canon 100-500 RF lens is outstanding. I use it on my R5 and am more than happy with it.

Here are a few photos from that lens, all hand-held.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X