Can’t decide new bow or re string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t decide new bow or re string

Currently shooting a Triax that needs new strings. I cannot decide to just buy a new bow or re-string. I love this bow and shoot it really well, but also really like the draw and hold of the new Mathews. Obviously economically it makes sense to buy new string, has anyone upgraded from the triax to any of the newer Mathews?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As someone who still hunts with a Switchback I say new strings. :-)

Comment

I am in the same boat as you. Not enough difference from my triax to newer Mathews to switch.

Comment

I have a v3x. 33
        Had a vxr Both a 29 and 31

All in all at 20 yards where I kill everything. I didn’t need much else between them.

Ps I have a switchback xt and it would have worked just as good as any of them.

Maybe the next gen of Mathews will be worth it.

Comment

Triax is still good tech, I’d restring. I dropped my VXR for strings and finished the season with my DXT, (two misses)!! Now I love my DXT and shoot it often but it took my a lot of arrows to get back dialed in before going in the woods. No comparison to the ease of shooting with the newer bows and I’d say your triax is still new enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I put new - GAS - strings and cables on my triax after last season and it really made a difference this year. I love my TRIAX and would vote keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brushybowman View Post
              I put new - GAS - strings and cables on my triax after last season and it really made a difference this year. I love my TRIAX and would vote keep it.

Dropped it off for new gas strings yesterday. Guess I’m gonna keep it and sling on.

Comment

Restring.. The tech advancements made in the last few years(6-8)have been miniscule at best.. Not worth the difference in price between strings vs new bow.. Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post
                  Dropped it off for new gas strings yesterday. Guess I’m gonna keep it and sling on.

Put a new string on it and dial it in... then hang it up as a backup bow and go buy a newer model I'd do it just because the Triax is really short, and you'll probably notice a difference with a bow a couple inches longer. Triax isn't a bad bow, but if you don't have a backup I'm giving you an excuse to do both

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                    As someone who still hunts with a Switchback I say new strings. :-)
                    LOL Same. I hunt with a Z7, 2007 model I believe. I just restring it. Has killed plenty of deer, and is very forgiving. I go for what works, and am not a latest and "greatest" kind of guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X