Federal Fusion .270 150 grain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federal Fusion .270 150 grain

The last time I saw this round for sale anywhere (watching Ammoseek) was September. Federal customer service gave me a boilerplate non-answer on if they would run it again in the future.

Does anyone have an idea why they stopped making this? 130gr is pretty available, but the 150 is the only decent bullet one of my rifles will put in 1" groups and I'm down to one box.

Originally posted by GoBears870 View Post
    The last time I saw this round for sale anywhere (watching Ammoseek) was September. Federal customer service gave me a boilerplate non-answer on if they would run it again in the future.

Does anyone have an idea why they stopped making this? 130gr is pretty available, but the 150 is the only decent bullet one of my rifles will put in 1" groups and I'm down to one box.
    Try this , sportsman warehouse
    Wish I could find some 140gr Sierra game changer @ a decent price

Edit

They just changed them to get notification
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 02-02-2023, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Same problem

Comment

Same with 7mm-08 140gr. Can't find it anywhere. Ended up buying 2 boxes of Core-Lokt just to have something to shoot with.

Comment

IMO it is because 150 grain is the very top end of grain weight for .270 Win. I’ve shot quite a few from different gun manufacturers and they have all shot 130’s much better. It’s never even been close.

Comment

I use the Fusions 130’s with great results. Will they not group well in your rifle ?
            Plenty for deer and hogs IMHO.

Comment

I haven’t tried 130s yet, but this is the rifle I also take for elk. I shot Federal 150 Partition in it before those went AWOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven’t tried 130s yet, but this is the rifle I also take for elk. I shot Federal 150 Partition in it before those went AWOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I guarantee you the Elk won’t be able to tell you the difference between 130 & 150 grain Fusions 😉. I’d bet money the 130’s would penetrate better and the wound channel would be just as good as the 150’s.

Comment

Working...
                X