Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 03-29-2020, 10:05 PM   #51
Electrican
Pope & Young

Hunt In: For a place

Quote:
Originally Posted by kparker158 View Post
Dow @ 16k by Wednesday. Any bets?
Dumb
Electrican is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2020, 10:09 PM   #52
bphillips
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mexico, Tom Green Co.

Quote:
Got anything cool to put up on it?
bphillips is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2020, 10:23 PM   #53
huntindude
Eight Point

Hunt In: Brazoria county and Menard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
So I guess school closures are extended with this decree as well?

Probably. Just received a message from our superintendent that they were hopeful to possibly start back the day after Easter but with this new announcement it will prolly be a few weeks after that. IMO if the projected start time gets to far into May, even if they could start up they would prolly just be better off not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
huntindude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2020, 10:35 PM   #54
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphillips View Post
Heard an interesting take from a friend who is an ER Dr here. He says talking with other ER docs in San Antonio and Dallas their traffic has already decreased from a “peak”. He says he is about ready to see some rollback on restrictions to see what happens. The whole point was to not overload hospitals and he says we have been far from that other than some exceptions like nyc where people are in tight quarters with generally poorer health
We are a week behind. That's probably due to traffic going zero and people staying at home. If they aren't seeing people, it means the restrictions are working. it would be stupid to unroll them this soon.
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2020, 11:22 PM   #55
bphillips
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mexico, Tom Green Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smell the Glove View Post
We are a week behind. That's probably due to traffic going zero and people staying at home. If they aren't seeing people, it means the restrictions are working. it would be stupid to unroll them this soon.
Yea they are very sure it’s been working. It won’t disappear from the measures but let’s be real our traffic is nowhere close to zero and if they aren’t overwhelmed it’s probably worth unrolling a bit for the state of the country. Death rate is coming lower than expected and test aren’t confirmed for most that have it “supposedly” because not all can be tested so sent to quarantine at home. That would make the rate even lower.

This is coming from a Dr taking it serious enough to be living in a camper alone in front of his house
bphillips is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 02:14 AM   #56
Kingfisher789
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tivydale. Nix. Brownwood

This is coming from a Dr taking it serious enough to be living in a camper alone in front of his house“. Does he live in Austin?
Kingfisher789 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 04:03 AM   #57
tps7742
Ten Point

Hunt In: East tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphillips View Post
Heard an interesting take from a friend who is an ER Dr here. He says talking with other ER docs in San Antonio and Dallas their traffic has already decreased from a “peak”. He says he is about ready to see some rollback on restrictions to see what happens. The whole point was to not overload hospitals and he says we have been far from that other than some exceptions like nyc where people are in tight quarters with generally poorer health
My daughter works in one of the Patients ER Clinics in the Houston area. She is reporting the same thing on patient load. They are being told this is the flat lining stage but expect it to start rising again in the near future to another peak level.
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 04:42 AM   #58
PlanoDano
Six Point

Hunt In: TX, ID, CO

100k to 200k I figured the odds are in my favor. 2.3 million not so sure.I might have to double check the documents and make sure the wife has full understanding. Reviewed them last year but it would not hurt to double check.
PlanoDano is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 05:06 AM   #59
60 Deluxe
Ten Point

Hunt In: at home

I'm good with staying out of circulation for a while longer. You really don't ever recover from pneumonia. The scarring in the lungs is forever. Even if you survive this one, your health may be ruined and your quality of life will suffer. I spent about a half hour reading on the Spanish flu, last night. Death in two to three days for it. I'm reading the same for some people with Covid 19. Take a vacation. Your life is at stake.
60 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 07:18 AM   #60
djohnson
Eight Point

Hunt In: LaSalle County

Someone help me to understand. Have ventured out a couple of times where I had to stand in line to pay for something. I tried standing the requisite 6 feet behind the person in front of me only to have people jump in line in front of me. I asked them to go to the end of the line and they looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned social distancing. One guy actually asked me what I meant by social distancing. My question is are there people who actually do live under a rock? How disconnected from current events can you possibly be?
djohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 07:32 AM   #61
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnson View Post
Someone help me to understand. Have ventured out a couple of times where I had to stand in line to pay for something. I tried standing the requisite 6 feet behind the person in front of me only to have people jump in line in front of me. I asked them to go to the end of the line and they looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned social distancing. One guy actually asked me what I meant by social distancing. My question is are there people who actually do live under a rock? How disconnected from current events can you possibly be?
Sir we live amongst idiots! They paintet/labeled footprints at the local HEB and people still can't stand in line properly spaced out. As the old saying goes, you can't fix stupid. This is why the virus numbers keep climbing, people are stupid.
Attached Images

Last edited by Pedernal; 03-30-2020 at 07:36 AM.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 07:50 AM   #62
Bruiser
Ten Point

just the floo bros
Bruiser is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 08:11 AM   #63
Jon-Paul
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
Sir we live amongst idiots! They paintet/labeled footprints at the local HEB and people still can't stand in line properly spaced out. As the old saying goes, you can't fix stupid. This is why the virus numbers keep climbing, people are stupid.

My wife an I seen this yesterday and people still had to be told.
Jon-Paul is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 12:08 PM   #64
Bumpy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnson View Post
I mean a few weeks ago you had people who thought it was a hoax
Bumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 12:27 PM   #65
texan4ut
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can, Terrell County

I think those doomsday numbers are based on what is happening in New York, CT, NJ, New Orleans and other hot spots and really doesn't reflect actually what is happening in the US as a whole. Abbott said of those that have been tested in Texas approximately 98% test negative and of those that test positive only 2% are bad enough to need hospitalization. So if 1 million are tested and 98% are negative then 200,000 have it. If 2% of those need to be hospitalized that's just 4,000. I think Trump is doing the right thing and playing the media for the fools they are. Extend till May, vaccine's start working, cases go down, open up the economy and the economy will soar. Probably would happen even if he opened up things April 15th as previously had been mentioned.
texan4ut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 12:39 PM   #66
BowhunterB
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hill Country and Searching

The U.S. death total has doubled in two days. Dr. Anthony Fauci, who has been a leading voice in the effort to curb the outbreak, says 100,000 to 200,000 Americans could die before the crisis is over.

For 200,000 people to die, at a mortality rate of 1.5%, which is about what it is now, that means over $13m people will have to contract it.

The actual mortality rate is less than the 1.5% because that is only based on confirmed cases, not those that don't show any symptoms or don't get tested.

That sure sounds crazy based on current numbers.
BowhunterB is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 01:20 PM   #67
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhunterB View Post
The U.S. death total has doubled in two days. Dr. Anthony Fauci, who has been a leading voice in the effort to curb the outbreak, says 100,000 to 200,000 Americans could die before the crisis is over.

For 200,000 people to die, at a mortality rate of 1.5%, which is about what it is now, that means over $13m people will have to contract it.

The actual mortality rate is less than the 1.5% because that is only based on confirmed cases, not those that don't show any symptoms or don't get tested.

That sure sounds crazy based on current numbers.
60 million people were infected with swine flu in 2009/2010
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 01:37 PM   #68
meltingfeather
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gillespie, San Saba & Kerr primarily

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHunter View Post
I wish the media hype would quiet down and they’d STFU. I don’t think they help the cause at all. All the stats are one sided without much details of the “other” problems the people had in the end.
It's gotten a lot of people to limit their social engagement. I've wondered if that has served a useful purpose, even if I disagree based on the facts we have. Bottom line is it is growing out of control and killing people, whether or not you think the media hype is justified, so we'll see in retrospect whether it was a good thing that we shut things down or not.
Hopefully some widespread antibody testing will give us a better picture of actual mortality rate, since we currently have no actual idea but some estimates say it could be as low as 1/10th that of the normal flu.
meltingfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 01:51 PM   #69
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
You changing your tune yet?

DOW won't ever see below 20k again is my guess. If Trump extending this shutdown didn't cause a market drop then there are simply no more sellers.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 02:58 PM   #70
trophy8
Pope & Young

Quote:
I’m your huckleberry. $500. You in?
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 03:29 PM   #71
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post

DOW won't ever see below 20k again is my guess. If Trump extending this shutdown didn't cause a market drop then there are simply no more sellers.
Ever?
eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 03:33 PM   #72
kparker158
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public and Private Lands of East Texas

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy8 View Post
I’m your huckleberry. $500. You in?
Done better today then i expected for sure, ill admit I was wrong on that one. Never know though, still a LONG ride ahead.
kparker158 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 03:37 PM   #73
trophy8
Pope & Young

Quote:
Done better today then i expected for sure, ill admit I was wrong on that one. Never know though, still a LONG ride ahead.
You still have 2 days
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 03:41 PM   #74
Charles
Pope & Young

If this Chinese Virus continues for a period of time and some of these mega corporations start filing bankruptcy I can see the DOW taking a major dump.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:42 PM   #75
Calrob
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burnet, Joppa, Wilco, My backyard

Anybody else see this as the first test of how easy the people can be locked down? Seems like politicians trying to keep us in our homes and isolated....
Calrob is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 04:16 PM   #76
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
Ever?
That's my guess. There's a chance Charles could be right in large companies like Macy's going BK but odds are they'd be bailed out.

IMO there's just too much money on the sidelines and no other place to put it. Way too many people looking for any light at the end of the tunnel to get in while stocks are cheap.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:27 PM   #77
Rakkasan2187
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
I mean a few weeks ago you had people who thought it was a hoax
No one ever said it was a Hoax! Stop with the Cnn Chit!
Rakkasan2187 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 04:50 PM   #78
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
It's gotten a lot of people to limit their social engagement. I've wondered if that has served a useful purpose, even if I disagree based on the facts we have. Bottom line is it is growing out of control and killing people, whether or not you think the media hype is justified, so we'll see in retrospect whether it was a good thing that we shut things down or not.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the media should just tell us the truth, no matter how much "good" they think they are doing us. As far as the growth being out of control. Corona deaths in the US and across the globe both decreased yesterday...from the day prior. They probably won't mention that on the news but I think they should. Not a trend yet but at least it is some good news. They dang sure don't mind giving us the bad news.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2020, 10:11 PM   #79
meltingfeather
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the media should just tell us the truth, no matter how much "good" they think they are doing us. As far as the growth being out of control. Corona deaths in the US and across the globe both decreased yesterday...from the day prior. They probably won't mention that on the news but I think they should. Not a trend yet but at least it is some good news. They dang sure don't mind giving us the bad news.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

There isn’t one truth. There are an infinite number of ways to report very fuzzy data.
A few two-day flattenings or drops have happened already, each followed by a big jump. We’ll see what happens over the next few days.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:27 AM   #80
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
There isn’t one truth. There are an infinite number of ways to report very fuzzy data.
A few two-day flattenings or drops have happened already, each followed by a big jump. We’ll see what happens over the next few days.
I agree that a one day drop isn't a trend. But it sure doesn't represent the doom and doom 2million+ people are going to die from this. The media didn't mind reporting that before hardly any testing was done. Now lots of testing is being done. At least report the facts and maybe a little good news when we see it come out. That shouldn't be too much to ask of a "free" press.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:42 AM   #81
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
I agree that a one day drop isn't a trend. But it sure doesn't represent the doom and doom 2million+ people are going to die from this. The media didn't mind reporting that before hardly any testing was done. Now lots of testing is being done. At least report the facts and maybe a little good news when we see it come out. That shouldn't be too much to ask of a "free" press.
Doom and gloom sells. Wife and I turned on the TV and 20/20 or some other BS show was having a special on CV... Of course it was 100% doom and gloom. Nearly every story, piece of data, etc that had..I rolled my eyes at.

People didn't believe others when they said this was coming. Now they're so immersed they won't believe it's not as bad as the media is screaming.

FTR - before I get flamed..Sure it's bad..But not as bad as media says.

Actual deaths (total from everything) in the USA dropped by 10,000 last week. Ponder that.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:21 AM   #82
meltingfeather
Ten Point

Quote:

I don’t disagree. One thing w’re suffering for is a lack of leadership at all levels.
I read the Good News Network for some positivity. It’s mostly feel good liberal stuff like pollution is down but it’s also people coming together and progress, etc.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:22 AM   #83
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Doom and gloom sells. Wife and I turned on the TV and 20/20 or some other BS show was having a special on CV... Of course it was 100% doom and gloom. Nearly every story, piece of data, etc that had..I rolled my eyes at.

People didn't believe others when they said this was coming. Now they're so immersed they won't believe it's not as bad as the media is screaming.

FTR - before I get flamed..Sure it's bad..But not as bad as media says.

Actual deaths (total from everything) in the USA dropped by 10,000 last week. Ponder that.
Good to know. Very interesting. Do you mind posting your source for the bolded? I'd like to dig into that a little more.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:32 AM   #84
meltingfeather
Ten Point

Quote:
I agree that a one day drop isn't a trend.

Aaand another jump...
Old 03-31-2020, 08:36 AM   #85
quackadikt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can

Quote:
Aaand another jump...

Are these confirmed positive by testing cases, or “presumed” positive cases like seems to be happening everywhere? Where the folks are told they likely have CV and are sent home and told to quarantine? Because there’s a big difference in those two scenarios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
quackadikt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-31-2020, 08:38 AM   #86
Charles
Pope & Young

Those chart are cute...however, they are not accurate. They do not include all the people infected that have not been tested. So, add a "boat load" more to the charts, fiddle fart with your equation to get the death toll and your numbers will still be wrong.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:44 AM   #87
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Aaand another jump...
Yep, look the last three days. Growth has slowed considerably. Yesterday may have been a function of the weekend and data being released inconsistently. But it looks like we are peaking to me. Hope so.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:57 AM   #88
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

You can not...at all.. use these charts to see any pattern. Not until all areas have enough tests to screen everyone.
As more tests are available more confirmed are found = No kidding geez.

I'm almost positive COVID has already swept through many elementary schools weeks ago. Just because ALL attention is now placed on CV it makes it appear like a huge problem now.

I posted that total death chart on the other thread yesterday.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:12 AM   #89
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
You can not...at all.. use these charts to see any pattern. Not until all areas have enough tests to screen everyone.
As more tests are available more confirmed are found = No kidding geez.

I'm almost positive COVID has already swept through many elementary schools weeks ago. Just because ALL attention is now placed on CV it makes it appear like a huge problem now.

I posted that total death chart on the other thread yesterday.
I saw the chart. Please post the source if you don't mind. I like the info by the way. Would just like to confirm it before I repeat it.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:13 AM   #90
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
I saw the chart. Please post the source if you don't mind. I like the info by the way. Would just like to confirm it before I repeat it.
I found and copied it.. Can't remember where. I'll have to look
Old 03-31-2020, 08:35 PM   #91
meltingfeather
Ten Point

Quote:
Hope so.
Me too... tired of this ****!
Old 04-01-2020, 08:34 AM   #92
Barrett
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tarpley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
No one ever said it was a Hoax! Stop with the Cnn Chit!
Right, and no one ever said the population of South Korea was 38 million...stop with your denial Chit
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-01-2020, 08:41 AM   #93
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Looking….Pow Pow!

Is anyone really surprised that the confirmed numbers are jumping up.....since we just started fuggin testing?
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-01-2020, 08:49 AM   #94
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
Right, and no one ever said the population of South Korea was 38 million...stop with your denial Chit
I know what you are alluding to. But to be clear, South Korea's population is 51 million.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:52 AM   #95
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Is anyone really surprised that the confirmed numbers are jumping up.....since we just started fuggin testing?
wait...what?

Old 04-01-2020, 02:48 PM   #96
MUZZYSLINGR
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post

No, I am not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MUZZYSLINGR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2020, 08:26 AM   #97
Barrett
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tarpley

Quote:
I know what you are alluding to. But to be clear, South Korea's population is 51 million.
Clarity is not very available these days!!!
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top