Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Hunting Test...What Do Your Eyes See Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Hunting Test...What Do Your Eyes See Here?

When we hunt/shoot, we see what happened on a shot in the blink of an eye. A lot of us like to video for entertainment purposes and to create more than that blink of an eye record of our shot. We wanna see what happened. Well, what we see, even on video and what really happened aren’t always the same. We swear up and down that’s a “20 yard dash and crash.” Or, “perfect heart shot!” Or, “ohhhh noooo...the dreaded void!”

So, look at the video below and y’all tell me what you think happened. There’s two hints...

1. The video
    2. A blood spot about 20 yards into the track

Was this pig found or still running?
    Where’d the arrow hit?
    If found, how far did he make it?
    If not found, will he be back?
    Why didn’t the nocturnal fail like usual?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M5lBNETCUU"]02/06/21 River Boar - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

looked low and back and likely still runnin

Comment

looks gut shot from the green glow dot. go off and die. you might find it later

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
        looks gut shot from the green glow dot. go off and die. you might find it later
        That’s what I saw too

Comment

Def looked far back !
          Could be deceiving though.

Comment

I’m with the hit back crew. However, low light so hard to tell.

Comment

Shot looks pretty far back. Depending on how much it tore up the guts, he will probably end up dying within a few hours. He will most likely be a pretty good distance from the feeder when he dies. IF he doesnt die, he will be back on the corn in a couple days.

Comment

He crashed within 100 yds

Comment

My first thought is gut shot. Sometimes the nocturnals throw us off a bit especially in low light and I can see maybe an opposite shoulder hit. He was slightly quartering away.

1. Found
                  2. Entered Liver Exit opposite shoulder
                  3. 50-60yds

Comment

He looked quartering away. To me, it looks like it entered back rib and likely hit off shoulder. Dead pig @ 100 yards

Comment

Video looks like it caught the front of his hams/guts. That blood spot says otherwise, and I'd guess dead pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                        My first thought is gut shot. Sometimes the nocturnals throw us off a bit especially in low light and I can see maybe an opposite shoulder hit. He was slightly quartering away.

1. Found
                        2. Entered Liver Exit opposite shoulder
                        3. 50-60yds
                        I am in this crowd he was headed out and away, bet it caught off side lung and for sure liver.

Gonna say he ran more like 75 ish yards plus or minus 10.

When will we get to see the conclusion to this mystery?

Comment

I think mid body quartering away, liver and off side lung, dead pig.

Comment

I’m with low and back stuck in opposite shoulder plate, found after lots of looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                              I think mid body quartering away, liver and off side lung, dead pig.
                              This

Comment

Working...
                              X