honeymoon ideas: need thhe GS help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honeymoon ideas: need thhe GS help

I have the greatest wife in the world. When we got married we took a neat trip through far west Texas. Saw stuff we had never seen before, but pretty low end. We are not fancy people but I want her to have some luxuries, She loves the beach and fishing, some. I'm thinking Costa Rica, Panama, or something like Aruba. All inclusive is OK, but dont have to have it. Not sure which one offers the most variety. Don't want just beach or just rock climbing. Do want fishing, snorkling, etc to be an option.
    Going to set up a surprise renewal of vows, but don't mind doing it in their "off season". I'm not a traveler but want do special. A trip that we could invite friends on works as well.
    Best place for the $. Heard of Grand Cayman, but it seems to fancy to me. I've changed jobs and now a "state official" so don't want to make us a target. I'm still a no body, and would be be bad for somebody down there to think I'm worth something when I'm not!
    Any help?

7 or 10 day sailboat charter in the BVI's (British Virgin Islands). You and she will never forget it. We've done it twice, 3 couples on the boat, get a bigger boat and do 4. The only thing you have to worry about when you wake up in the AM is, "do we have enough liquor to get to that island over there?" Your boat captain will either hang out and party with you if you want him to or they disappear if you want some alone time. Sleep on the boat at a sheltered mooring at night, or if you want to fancy it up a night or two, very nice accomadations on shore. Do it!

Comment

Cabo

Comment

Belize or Cabo.

Comment

Another vote for Cabo.

Comment

Aruba is an awesome place with plenty to do and beats any part of Mexico IMO. The fishing in Cabo would be better but that is it.

I haven't been to Costa Rica or Belize but they're both on my to do list.

The only reason we are going to Mexico (Playa del Carmen) and not Aruba this year is the shorter flight with an 18 month old.
            Last edited by bphillips; 02-18-2015, 11:53 PM.

Comment

My wife and I went to Grand Cayman on a cruise and we were not impressed at all by the town and the people. How dirty of a place it was really floored me. Maybe if we would have been staying at a resort it would have been different. We did have a great time in Key West and plan to go back there one day.

Comment

Iberostar Rose Hall in Jamica is awesome. Adults only, huge rooms, great area. All the stuff you mentioned is there. Best part for us was the food and you get your own butler 24/7. He can plan all your activities for you. For my wife and I it was $2800.00 for six days, all inclusive flights included.
                Last edited by Dmck; 02-19-2015, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Cabo was pretty cool. For fishing though, I've heard nothing but good about Costa Rica.

Comment

Mauii or Kauii in Hawaii -can get direct flight to Mauii out of DFW

Mauii has numerous options and more populated than Kauii. Do the bike ride from top of mountain. Never petal once for 3 hr morning ride

Kauii beautiful and more remote options

Locals go to big island of Hawaii for vacation

Do not go to Honolulu as it is like any other big city

I am sorry but my opinion on Mexico and some 3rd world islands on vacations is - I don't want to worry about drinking water, being concerned about what I eat and drink with the potential of getting montazomas revenge. I like to sit on the beach, not the ..............

Great fishing and snorkeling in Hawaii.

Comment

You've got to do Cabo, there is some very secinic areas and tons to do.

Comment

It also depends on how much fishing you want and time of year you want to go.
                        For snorkeling you are looking at the Caribbean side. I took the family to Ambergris Caye in Belize last summer and had a great time. Fished for bones and tarpon, the boys did some lobster diving, snorkeling, spear fishing that kind of stuff. Belize also offers the mainland stuff, rain forest, zip lining that sort of thing. The towns are typical 3rd world.
                        Cabo has some good fishing and night life, the East Cape 75 miles north of cabo has better fishing sometimes but no night life. The fishing tends to get better when the temps go up, we've had some great trips in May catching multiple marlin per day.

Comment

Check out crocodile bay lodge in costa rica, very cool...walk to your billfishing boat from your room as well as a five star spa on premises for the mrs.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieC View Post
                            7 or 10 day sailboat charter in the BVI's (British Virgin Islands). You and she will never forget it. We've done it twice, 3 couples on the boat, get a bigger boat and do 4. The only thing you have to worry about when you wake up in the AM is, "do we have enough liquor to get to that island over there?" Your boat captain will either hang out and party with you if you want him to or they disappear if you want some alone time. Sleep on the boat at a sheltered mooring at night, or if you want to fancy it up a night or two, very nice accomadations on shore. Do it!

We're doing that next year. We've been to the BVIs 3 times and St John 2 times, all land based trips. We're venturing out to do boat trips.

Comment

I vote for Cabo

Comment

Working...
                              X