Your opinion on 6.6 duramax diesel ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndadio View Post
    Ok just wanted to remind you of the luck you had with that red thing.
    Oh I know, Trust me it still bites me in the *** everday and I havent had it for 2 years now.. Worst decision I ever made. But I also should have done more research on the 6.0 or any research to be honest.

I dont think any more lift kits for me as that also put added wear onto the vehichle it does not need.

I know fuel is more and repairs are more but in the long run if the clouds would open up once for me and get me into a good strong truck i know a diesel will outlast any gasser and seeing that I can get it cheaper then a gasser right now it makes the most sense. Will be all the pulling power I need for anything.

I would like to get a boat again sometime in the future and i am also looking at purchasing some land and some places I am looking at buying will be 4 wheel drive only to some parts.

We have loss 5 family members in 6 months. It really motivates you to get up off your *** and stop sitting on your future plans before the future never comes. Time to start enjoying life as much as possible and working towards retirement etc.

Comment

Stock it will last forever. Start chipping it out, and it'll fall apart quickly

Comment

Basically I am looking for the last truck i would ever have to buy or atleast get me through paying it off before it gives me any trouble.

Comment

No chips, programmers etc. All stock on the engine. Throw on some mud tires and be done with it

Comment

Originally posted by TxSuperDad View Post
            No chips, programmers etc. All stock on the engine. Throw on some mud tires and be done with it
            Keep exhaust fluid on you at all times then just in case you need it in the middle of nowhere.. I think that junk is their weak points

Comment

07 duramax here. Water pump at 105k miles. Rear end bearings at 125K. Needs number 7 glow plug replaced and new thermostats. Nothing in the engine, and nothing with the Allison tranny.

Comment

I have a 09 with 95,000,miles Best truck I have ever had.

Comment

04 2500 HD , water pump at 130K...it was not fun to replace either. But other than that, its been a great truck. Constant 21 mpg.... double towed a 30' 5th wheel and 16 ' trailer with 3 4 wheelers and generators to Colorado and still got 12.5mpg.....64' from front of truck to back of trailer....that was fun. Still on my original brakes also at 136,000 miles

Comment

I'm driving a 2010 with 158,000. I pull everything from a UTV to a 30' dual tandem and it has been great. I did the DPF delete and a mild 75 hp tune. The delete and mild tune will help you lots and won't hurt the truck, the people having trouble are using big tunes and dogging the truck IMO.

The best power train package I have ever had in a truck, I just don't like the small size of the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Split Arrow View Post
                      I own an '07 and it is the best truck I've ever owned. Have over 200,000 trouble-free miles on it, still going strong.
                      X2 except mine has 120,000

Comment

I have an 05 with 300,000 miles The only trouble I have had is the water pump and I had to have the injector wiring harness replaced due to it shorting out and they could not find the short in it. That is the main problem with them. The harness will rub against the motor in various places and throw codes that the injectors are not working.

Comment

Originally posted by txsuperdad View Post
                          how many miles do you have on it

Comment

I love my 2008!

Comment

Got at 2003 2500hd with 170k on it...only problems I've had are power steering pump lines and shaft and the wear and tear suspension stuff, ie tie rods, ball joints.ect

Comment

I put 185,000 miles on my '03...had some motor troubles at 115,000 or so but Chevrolet took care of it. I sold it because it needed 4 grand worth of injectors.

I've got 126,000 on my '10 model now zero issues.

I know where there are two owned by a hot shot company with over half million miles on them, and still working.

Comment

Working...
                                X