No announcement yet.

how long you known your wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiger you have been blessed to find a good woman. (Proverbs 31:10)

I met my wife a few months before the first Gulf War but only went out one time. Long Story Short... she wrote me everyday (pre internet/email) so that every mail call when we managed to get our mail delivered to the ship I had a stack of letters and sometime care packages. Our whole relationship took place via letters with only a couple phone calls mixed in when we were in port. I proposed over M.A.R.S. radio (Shortwave) and we were married 10 days after I got home... Monday April 26 will be 30 years happily married.

God blessed me beyond what I deserved with her.

Comment

Been together 24 yrs and married 23 of those. She is my best friend and soul mate! She has given me 2 great boys that turned into wonderful young men. We always kiss goodnight and never go to bed without talking any issues out
      Attached Files

Comment

Met my wife 34 yrs ago when she fired me from my job, actually changed my life forever
        Been together ever since

Comment

We have been married 4 years together 12 and known each other since 2nd grade. 28 years old almost been together longer than apart.

Comment

Met in 84 and married in 2011

Comment

think? June 18th 1984.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                Wow! A lot of great stories here and a LOT of institutional knowledge in this group.

Given the length of time you’ve been married, I’m curious to know what each of you would say is the secret to your success, because, without exception, each of you appears to have found immense happiness in your relationships.

So, how about it? What is the one bit of advice you would share with someone considering the institution of holy matrimony?
                Keep God First!

Comment

Meet in fall of 1991. Married 5/2/92. Will be 29 years week Saturday. God first!

Comment

pic

boy lots of stories here very good ones to i might ad,ill throw this 1 out there just cause i can,well i couldnt hold the camera very still so you cant really tell what your looking at is us at the texas monument,ill throw this in there too,my gggg uncle was there at the battle,texas battleship,houston zoonot sure about the 4rth 1

Comment

pic

maybe well wont upload oh well we were 4 years old in 4 pics

Comment

My wife and I met through a coworker in August of '04 and starting dating shortly after. We were married in February of '06.

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        Wow! A lot of great stories here and a LOT of institutional knowledge in this group.

Given the length of time you’ve been married, I’m curious to know what each of you would say is the secret to your success, because, without exception, each of you appears to have found immense happiness in your relationships.

So, how about it? What is the one bit of advice you would share with someone considering the institution of holy matrimony?
                        Jesus. Keep Christ at the center of a marriage and let Him be the foundation it is built on. It 100% will not fail if He is the center of each spouses life. If the Lord is first, your spouse is second, and you are last... things will be good.

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        I met my wife when she was 4 or 5 and I would have been around 9.

We started dating 15 years ago and have been married for 13 years this past Sunday. We celebrated at a crawfish boil at Curtintex house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        We were married at FBC Porter too but Don didn't marry us.
                        Last edited by Pineywoods; 04-20-2021, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                          My wife and I met through a coworker in August of '04 and starting dating shortly after. We were married in February of '06.

Jesus. Keep Christ at the center of a marriage and let Him be the foundation it is built on. It 100% will not fail if He is the center of each spouses life. If the Lord is first, your spouse is second, and you are last... things will be good.

We were married at FBC Porter too but Don didn't marry us.

We wanted Harold to marry us, but he had already retired and moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            I knew someone would catch it.

Living with my wife is kinda like dog years. Every real year counts for 2.378 of my life

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                            LOL...I actually knew exactly what you were getting at! I had a marriage like that.

Best thing I ever did! Not getting married...getting divorced!

Comment

randy madden around here its dont drink the last beer in the house and all goes pretty good...

Comment

Meet mine in 79 got married in 82. She's a lucky woman

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X