Weed eater repair help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Me and Sally View Post
    OIL ???????? Am I missing something here . Just where do you put oil in a weedeater unless you are mixing it with your gas . I've owned a number of weedeaters and never had one that took oil . Just thinking.
    It's a Troybuilt 4 stroke. It holds oil like a regular motor and uses straight gas. No pre-mix.

Comment

weed eater,troy bilt,poulan all the same now going on year 2 with an Echo no problems- most issues are the fuel ,how do you hate an echo?

Comment

I run Echo weed eaters and blowers from HD. Run them on 89 octane gas with the ethanol treatment added. I do 5 lawns weekly and get about 3 years out of them before I sell them and buy new.

Comment

Echo or stihl. Run premium gas with stabil. Problem solved. If you buy a stihl and a 6 pk of their 2 stroke oil, you get a 4 yr warranty. Buy from a reputabke dealer, and you always have someone to taje it back to for service!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Weed eater repair help

Put the old carb on. It ran. Killed it and swapped the new one back on. It ran while I weedeated most of the yard. Killed it to put new string on. Stupid thing wouldn't run but for a few minutes. Weirdest thing I've seen. I did notice what seemed to be a fair amount of blow by that seemed to be killing it
            Last edited by krisw; 05-16-2016, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Me and Sally View Post
              OIL ???????? Am I missing something here . Just where do you put oil in a weedeater unless you are mixing it with your gas . I've owned a number of weedeaters and never had one that took oil . Just thinking.

4 stroke.....not a 2 stroke...

Comment

Trash. Round up my friend

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Go electric

Comment

Kill switch hung on, use a straw and out some gas down the spark plug hole and give her a rip.

Comment

My Stihl combi unit never misses a beat. Going on 6-8 years strong. Prime it 3x and it fires up every time
                      Now my poulan chainsaw is a different story. I’m currently installing a new carb & all new fuel lines & new fuel filter
                      I’m hoping it starts after my rebuild otherwise I’m throwing it in the pond

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                        Go electric
                        X2

Comment

Pull the muffler off and look at the cylinder. If it has even the slightest scratch you can feel with a tooth pick it’s done

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                            My Stihl combi unit never misses a beat. Going on 6-8 years strong. Prime it 3x and it fires up every time
                            Now my poulan chainsaw is a different story. I’m currently installing a new carb & all new fuel lines & new fuel filter
                            I’m hoping it starts after my rebuild otherwise I’m throwing it in the pond
                            Poulan says it in name PULL ON and every one I had mean just that

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                              Poulan says it in name PULL ON and every one I had mean just that

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                                I never had a weedeater that after 6 months old, that I could run with choke off
                                Use TruFuel

Comment

Working...
                                X