No announcement yet.

Might as well - Generators - what are you running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was shocked how well our generator did. Grabbed one on Sunday and wired up the panel just in time!

Generac 5500 running two pool pumps, central heat (fan only, as we have a gas furnace), fridge, interior lighting for 3 days straight burning 1 gallon an hour.

Comment

Running 2 Yamahas. Surprisingly my bigger one is much quieter than the 1000.
      Attached Files

Comment

The Cool Factor is off the charts there 👌

Comment

Predator 3500 here as well, have fridge and gas furnace plugged in. Works well, I sure I can run a few more things as I use it for our travel trailer normally.

Comment

I added another Predator 2000 inverter to the mix along with the parallel kit. I really like these....Super quiet and easy to move. I also bought a Pewag chain and Viro lock as well.
            We got through this last storm/loss of power pretty good but I’ll be more ready if it ever happens again.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice. I grew weary of my loud *** generator after a few days. Pretty powerful but I would like to have a inverter generator as well.

What is that on the cord?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Nice. I grew weary of my loud *** generator after a few days. Pretty powerful but I would like to have a inverter generator as well.

What is that on the cord?
                It’s the labels/warnings that came attached on the 30a plug/cord. I meant to cut those off but forgot. Lol

Comment

Ok. Lol. Looked like a square of some kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Ok. Lol. Looked like a square of some kind.
                    Ahhh. I see what you are referring to now. Lol.
                    That’s the 30a twist lock cord to a 3x 15a adapter.

Shop CAMCO 30-Amp 3-Wire Locking Plug to 3 Household Outlets Power Adapter, Indoor/Outdoor, ETL Listed, L5-30P, 1ft Cord in the Power Adapters department at Lowe's.com. The Camco Heavy-Duty PowerGrip Locking Generator Adapter allows you to connect to a 3-prong, 30-amp L5-30R generator outlet, adapting it to fit three 15-amp

Comment

Might as well - Generators - what are you running

Kohler 20k whole home with 1000gal of propane. I love it when the power goes off and listen to my neighbors gripe. I’m chillin like a villain.

The worst thing for me is having to reset the oven and microwave clock since it takes about 10s for power to come back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                        I added another Predator 2000 inverter to the mix along with the parallel kit. I really like these....Super quiet and easy to move. I also bought a Pewag chain and Viro lock as well.
                        We got through this last storm/loss of power pretty good but I’ll be more ready if it ever happens again.

I have 2 of the predator 2000s as well and was wondering if you can run 240 off of the parallel kit? I’d like to be able too run my welder

Comment

Was going to run 2 large inverter 3500's in parallel untill I found out They only put out 110, my heat/ac in my guesthouse is 220V

Comment

[QUOTE=175gr7.62;15554940]Kohler 20k whole home with 1000gal of propane. I love it when the power goes off and listen to my neighbors gripe. I’m chillin like a villain.

The worst thing for me is having to reset the oven and microwave clock since it takes about 10s for power to come back on.

See post 32.

My Kohler ran 10 days on natural gas during the freeze. Never dreamed it would be all the difference during a freeze. I live in hurricane alley..........

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post

She kept the frig, deep freeze, and space heater going for 2 days straight as well as charged our devices and made us coffee. No complaints other than she’s a little loud compared to others.

I have the exact same one. I back fed the house, and the only thing we didn't have was a clothes dryer. We chose not to run the microwave just to keep it from being overtaxed. It ran like a champ, burned a little less than a half gallon of fuel per hour. House stayed at a comfortable 68* while we watched TV and hosted the neighbors so they could warm up and charge their phones.

I went ahead and serviced it a couple of weeks back. Fresh oil, checked on everything else to make sure it's ready for spring storms. My neighborhood is only slightly better than third world when it comes to electrical reliability (aging infrastructure, old neighborhood)
                              Last edited by Gummi Bear; 04-05-2021, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X