Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Solar Panel Charger for 12v battery/USB Help.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’ll need a battery, solar panel and a solar charger. The charger allows the battery to stay full without over charging and cooking the battery. I have a solar system installed in my truck, that runs my fridge 24/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is a battery box I built a few years ago to keep in my blind.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=619740

Comment

I've always wondered about plugging in a solar panel charger into the cigarette lighter in a car to keep the battery charged. Wouldn't there be some safety mechanism/fuse/etc to prevent a positive charge coming from the cigarette lighter to the battery?

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Darin View Post
          If all you are wanting to do is charge your phone - I carry one of these. $4 off coupon going on right now so only $17.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QXV6N1B/ref=dp_prsubs_2
          This is what I do! I have 4 or 5 of them. Cheap at Wal-Mart. Works great, quick charge.

Comment

I use a solar charge controller (RWD30) from ebay it has two USB ports. It has terminal spots to connect a 12 volt solar panel and a battery for storage. I also added a 9" fan that plugs into one of the USB ports. It works great !!!!

Comment

I made a 12V Battery Box with the following Components:

•13 Watt Briefcase Solar Charger - $79.99 @ Harbor Freight Tools
              •Game Winner 12V 7 Ah Feeder Battery - $21.99 @ Academy Sports
              •Plano 1712 Field/Ammo Box - $9.99 @ Academy Sports + Outdoors
              •20A Solar Charge Controller Solar Panel Battery Intelligent Regulator with Dual USB Port 12V/24V PWM Auto Paremeter Adjustable LCD Display - $15.99 @ Amazon
              •Deyooxi Quick Charge 3.0 Cigarette Lighter Outlet, 3 in 1 Charger Socket Panel 12V/24V Dual USB Car Socket with LED Voltmeter for Marine Boat Motorcycle Truck Use - $16.99 @ Amazon
              •Cigarette Lighter Socket Car Marine Motorcycle ATV RV Lighter Socket Power Outlet Socket Receptacle 12V Waterproof Plug by ZHSMS - $6.99 @ Amazon

Total Cost of the Project: $151.94 (Not including Tax or shipping)

All components are plug & play, so not to much issue connecting anything. you might need just a little piece of cable in case any of the components is short but other than that very simple to do.
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow Fezo.....that's a pretty clean setup and looks to be very mobile as well. I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Darin View Post
                  If all you are wanting to do is charge your phone - I carry one of these. $4 off coupon going on right now so only $17.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QXV6N1B/ref=dp_prsubs_2
                  Ditto. Compact. We all use these in the stand. Probably will recharge phone 6-8 times before needing to be plugged in.

Comment

Originally posted by Beardedbuck View Post
                    Wow Fezo.....that's a pretty clean setup and looks to be very mobile as well. I like it!

If you end up doing this, I have a cheap solar controller that Could send to you....to get you started. [emoji1303]

Comment

Amazon has some good ones. Get a controller as well

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                        If you end up doing this, I have a cheap solar controller that Could send to you....to get you started. [emoji1303]

That's very nice of you. I appreciate it!

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Beardedbuck View Post
                          X2 Ditto
                          You can also get a fan with a USB plug on it for the hot days. The charge controller is labeled well as far as what goes where. I've make great brownie points with the wife for this type of setup in her blind.
                          Last edited by T-roy66; 04-04-2021, 12:40 PM.

Comment

If you are just wanting USB and have Dewalt batteries.
                            You could try.
                            DEWALT 12V/20V MAX USB Charger, Tool Only (DCB090)

Comment

Working...
                            X