Fingers crossed. Would like to get them fixed now if possible

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
      I only paid $1,500 total for both eyes.
      I think that's about what I paid too.

Comment

Did you get upgraded lenses?

Comment

Once the cataracts are "big" enough, basic surgery is covered by your insurance. There are also "upgraded" versions of surgery like laser cataract surgery, astigmatism-correcting lenses, and multifocal lenses. These are great. However, they are not covered by insurance as they are considered "cosmetic." Cataract surgery is a one-time thing...

-eye surgeon in Louisiana

Comment

Thanks doc. So do the multi focal lenses eliminate the need for glasses altogether? Even for geezers? Fingers crossed!

Comment

That's the idea, Hogmauler!

The latest technology lenses are very good. But they won't make your eyes 20 years old again, and other eye diseases that you may have can influence your outcome. Generally speaking, if your eyes are pretty healthy and you have good lighting, you can see without glasses for the vast majority of your daily tasks.

Comment

I knew I've had one in my right eye for at least a year now. Got checked out last week and was told both eyes have them. I pretty much can't see out of the right and the left is a little blurry. Scheduled for the 14th for a cataract evaluation. Ready to get this done.

Comment

Get it done and go do the wild thang! Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                    Did you get upgraded lenses?
                    No, I just got distance lenses, I was told due to some other issues that those multi distance lenses wouldn't be a good choice for me, so I have to have reading glasses. I do have 20/20 vision though & ten dollar glasses work for reading. They were also able to correct my astigmatisms which is a plus.
                    Last edited by RedRocker; 03-30-2021, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Surgery

Originally posted by RedRocker View Post
                      No, I just got distance lenses, I was told due to some other issues that those multi distance lenses wouldn't be a good choice for me, so I have to have reading glasses. I do have 20/20 vision though & ten dollar glasses work for reading. They were also able to correct my astigmatisms which is a plus.
                      Yea I stayed without upgrade..Also...Mine is 20/20 with $10 buck cheaters for reading also....Oh yea wife had same as me done a few years before mine...Same outcome as mine Happy Camper.. BERKLEY eye did ours

I had 2 surgery's done in last 10y ;Both Knees total replacement and Cat surgery on both eyes... I consider them the best GIFTS i ever gave myself..

And I was SCARED like hell...in my case it was a Cake Walk..almost gota laugh at myself
                      Last edited by cva34; 03-30-2021, 05:29 AM.

Comment

The knees concern me the most simply having to take opioids leads to constipation which leads to misery. Others have told me don’t continue to torture yourself get it done.

Comment

Working...
                        X