Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

second suppressor and law changes

Hi All,

So I am planning on getting a second suppressor and it looks like the laws have changed in 2016. It appears that I would need to get a new trust or go individual. The salesman at Dury's gun shop has stated that my old gun trust whish was done by Sean Cody would probably not work. He said that the individual route would be best in my case but was not sure if the local authority would need to sign off on the individual. Does anyone here have experience with old gun trusts and new laws?

Thanks,

I just used my old trust from Sean to order my second one with no issue

Comment

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
      Hi All,

So I am planning on getting a second suppressor and it looks like the laws have changed in 2016. It appears that I would need to get a new trust or go individual. The salesman at Dury's gun shop has stated that my old gun trust whish was done by Sean Cody would probably not work. He said that the individual route would be best in my case but was not sure if the local authority would need to sign off on the individual. Does anyone here have experience with old gun trusts and new laws?

Thanks,
      Try another class 3 dealer.

Comment

Might I suggest Capitol Armory in Austin. Atleast call them and ask them your question(s). They will definitely get you where you are going.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Used old trust, just had to send everybody's mug shot and fingerprints.

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
            Might I suggest Capitol Armory in Austin. Atleast call them and ask them your question(s). They will definitely get you where you are going.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Thanks, they confirmed what I have been reading online and I can use my old trust.

Comment

Thanks, they confirmed what I have been reading online and I can use my old trust.
              Dury's is not much of a gun shop anymore, they have lost some good customers over the years. Their class 3 "experts" have been called out several times on bogus information.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                Try another class 3 dealer.
                This! I’d run away from there. That guy needs to stick to stocking shelves.

Comment

Tory and bunch over at Capital Armory are good to go!

Comment

Depends when it was drawn up I had to change mine also with capital armory. Did mine just be for Sean Cody passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wick1369 View Post
                      Used old trust, just had to send everybody's mug shot and fingerprints.
                      This.

And you can do your own fingerprints. BATF will send you the fingerprint cards and you can get a fingerprinting ink pad from Amazon. Remember you have to do 2 sets per person on the trust. There are 3 of us on mine. There is 0 chance that all 6 of our cards were perfect finger prints. Just watch a video on youtube on how to do it. I'd be surprised if anybody actually looks at the prints.

Comment

I would get with BigTex308 on here! Ike is my Class 3 dealer and owner of Big Tex Outdoors around the Conroe area.

Michael

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks,
                          Call Jim Willi. Let him look at your trust. If it's GTG, he'll tell you so. If it isn't, he'll be upfront about that too.

Legally Own NFA Firearms Do you want to legally own NFA firearms, such as suppressors / silencers, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, or fully-automatic weapons / machine guns? We can help you. Are you looking for an experienced Texas NFA gun trust attorney to answer your questions an

ETA: +100 on what everyone else said. The idiot salesman at Fuddy's gave you bad advice.

Comment

I bet the reason the place you went to suggested starting a new trust is because now every person listed on it would have to submit prints and undergo the same background check as you. Because of this myself like many others jumped off the fence feet first prior to the change.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                              I would get with BigTex308 on here! Ike is my Class 3 dealer and owner of Big Tex Outdoors around the Conroe area.

Michael

Didn’t realize he handled suppressors!

Comment

Working...
                              X