Wife and I had an awesome time on the 587 Ranch, Bend, Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife and I had an awesome time on the 587 Ranch, Bend, Tx

I wanted to take my beautiful bride on a peaceful, relaxing weekend where we just enjoyed ourselves and did what we wanted, when we wanted. Riverrat1 has just the place I was hoping for located near Bend, Texas. His place is so beautiful and peaceful.
    We arrived after it was dark on Friday and RR1 showed us around the huge log cabin. We talked for a while and then he left us to our own devices. After a couple of beers, we fell right to sleep on a very comfortable bed. When we finally got out of bed, we opened the curtains to probably the best view I have ever had in Texas. The cabin is on top of a tall hill and looking out of the double window we could see the valley below us and there was not a single man-made object to be seen. No buildings, no roads(other than his driveway about a mile long), no telephone poles, nothing. Nothing but nature. And, the nice thing about it, that view will stay that way forever because his land borders the Colorado Bend State Park.
    After breakfast, we walked around the ranch, about 600 acres, and thoroughly enjoyed it. We then left for Lampasas and had lunch at a Mexican restaurant followed by a long walk in Reisen Park and then my wife did some shopping while I dutifully followed her.
    We decided to go into the CBSP and hike to Gorman Falls. Let me tell you, it is one heck of a hike, 1.5 miles to the falls over rocks and rough terrain. Separately, we had two people fall right in front of us, within arms length, the first guy nearly faceplanted into a huge cactus plant but came up with a handful of spines. Ouch. The second to fall was a motorcycle momma, trimmed out with all kinds of leather, including her heeled boots. Well, her heel tripped her but my wife was able to partially catch her whereas she still fell, but not a total wipe out like the dude before her. She still tore a huge gash in her leather bottom. All this before we got to the falls.
    Finally, we get to the falls and I quickly realized this was going to be the roughest part of the hike. It seemed to be near vertical and nothing but a slippery rock face to desend with a cable in place to grab. Well, we made it to the bottom, slowly but safely. The view of the 65' falls was worth the trip. Gorgeous. We made it back to the truck with no mishaps.
    Anyway, I highly recommend that you try out Riverrat1's cabin and he also does lots of hunts out of his place, lots of deer. Riverrat1 is a great host and I look forward to going back soon.

So happy y’all were able to get away, sometimes that’s exactly what is needed. I’m going to tag this one for a future getaway.

Comment

Sounds like a great place. Riverrat1 PM me a price for a 2 night stay please. This sounds like a great place to take my gf for a nice slow paced relaxing weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
        Sounds like a great place. Riverrat1 PM me a price for a 2 night stay please. This sounds like a great place to take my gf for a nice slow paced relaxing weekend.

Same request as above, but for my wife...not DFA’s gf...

Comment

Did he talk about Politics? Lol

Just kidding I bet it’s a wonderful place.

Comment

Beautiful place and Tim is a fantastic guy/guide!

Comment

One of the best places in Texas. I live fishing the river there especially when the white bass are running.

Comment

Yes, it is really special and Tim's a lucky guy to have that place. you can also look at some pics at:

I think he has it blacked out for a while but makes it available to TBHers when he can.

Comment

Link doesn't work, we need pics!

Comment

Sounds like a good time!

Comment

Congrats on the getaway!

Sounds like a great place to hold a poker tournament! *wink wink* Tim!

Comment

It is a really neat place and I plan on taking my crew back down there when the opportunity presents itself!

Comment

Tim's place is great. Good views, lost of wildlife. Tim ain't bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by recar View Post
                            Tim's place is great. Good views, lost of wildlife. Tim ain't bad either.
                            Yeah, I heard he plays a good game of poker as well

Comment

Wife and I love going to CBSP. Gorman is cool, but the Spicewood Springs trail is the one you can't miss there. Sounds like ya'll had a great weekend!

Comment

Working...
                              X