Hard freeze and pools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
    Everyone should drain, it's super simple and takes a massive load off of the electric grid too.
    that was my second thought as well.

Comment

Post 27 says it all, before the power went out. Running 24/7 is stupid, don't believe the idiot reporters on TV

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
        The second our power went out on Monday morning, I ran out there, killed the breaker, relieved the pressure on my system, and drained every pump, filter, etc. It was either 4 or 6 degrees at my house on Tuesday morning depending on what thermometer I looked at, and thankfully we had zero issues firing my system back up without leaks.

Exact same here, power off at 2am and i was flying out of bed to get out there. At that time i was unaware of exactly how to winterize, but drained everything i could find. I will definitely be draining in the future when cold weather hits and I will be doing it days ahead of time when it's daylight and warmer.

So far the only thing I'm noticing is extra bubbles coming out of nearest pool jet, which may be normal at first startup.

Comment

Unfortunately by the time I woke up my were already frozen. Multiple busted pipes and the busted heater manifold. I pooped it for now until the chinamen make the parts.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
            Post 27 says it all, before the power went out. Running 24/7 is stupid, don't believe the idiot reporters on TV
            Did you drain yours? I am not sure if you have said yet?

Comment

Working...
            X