Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 02-14-2021, 06:34 PM   #51
Johnny44
Ten Point

Hunt In: www.infowars.com

I’ll never chill when folks well being is concerned for so easy of an immediate start until they can get to professionals.

Your welcome to try to make me chill, better than you have failed.

You know nuthin about the effects of acetaminophen on psychological conditions.

I’m just trying to help thats all, sometimes you have but one chance.

Take the Tylenol, think the worst case through, talk to professional.

Last edited by Johnny44; 02-14-2021 at 06:41 PM.
Johnny44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2021, 08:24 PM   #52
toledo
Ten Point

Hunt In: the road by your lease

Different people react differently to different meds. If you don't like how the current one is making you feel, ask the doctor for a change. And ask for a minimum dose to start. Many doctors will start patients at a higher dose and it hits them hard. I have a vestibular disorder called PPPD. Mild doses of antianxiety meds help it. Lorazepam at a medium dose was the devil for me, venlafaxine mellowed me but I felt like I could fall asleep anywhere I sat down, sertraline was much better. Point is, work with your doctor. If they don't seem concerned, find another one.

And exercise definitely does you good.
toledo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2021, 08:41 PM   #53
Sleepy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Camp County, Rusk County, Smith County, Kansas

Medication has a different impact on everyone. Medication was the answer for me. Been on it for about 12 years now. Yea, I’m married to it now. But, my anxiety and stress levels stay manageable. I got on it after losing a best friend in a car wreck in high school, losing two grandparents, and then my mother, all in a span of 4 years. Seemed like every time I had just about gotten over one, another one slammed me in the face. I finally just had to break down because I tried other things and it did not work. It took a couple of weeks for the medication to work and about a month before I could really notice a difference.

My advice is don’t take advice from someone who hasn’t dealt with it. And I’m not talking about someone that’s had a little stress or anxiety. I’m talking about someone who has been completely in the dumps, couldn’t eat or drink for days on end, and felt disconnected from everything. That is anxiety and depression and it is not something to take lightly.

People that have never truly dealt with real depression and anxiety have no earthly idea what you are going through. It is the devil and it will pin you down if you don’t grab it by the horns.

Last edited by Sleepy; 02-14-2021 at 08:49 PM.
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2021, 03:02 PM   #54
BlacktailSlayer
Eight Point

Hunt In: Williamson County

I came down with severe anxiety just over a year ago. It got so bad I actually left my job of 18 years (lots of job related stress). I am just starting to feel better. Anxiety is a very common issue, as you can tell from the thread. I found that going to doctor and getting a checkup, and getting the correct medication (tried 3 to get one with no side effects) really helped. I required some xanax at first (really helped during panic attacks). Also talking to a therapist or pastor really helps. You find that it is all mental and you can find ways to deal with panic attacks etc. I haven't had a panic attack in about 6 months now. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Anxiety comes in phases and usually you can overcome it and get back to normal.
BlacktailSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2021, 09:04 AM   #55
Adgerc15
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Big Country

Check out the book “Meditation for fidgety skeptics” and see if some breathing exercise/meditation can help you build awareness and avoid the perpetual worry of the future. I enjoyed the read and it’s fairly easy to find 10-15 mins a day to relax and clear your mind.

Ac
Adgerc15 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2021, 09:45 AM   #56
critter69
Pope & Young

Hunt In: CO and Texas when I can

Sorry guys for not responding, I didn’t expect this kind of response ! I am trying to bare through this. I have been looking for employment. I have always been afraid ( very high anxiety of talking in front of a group). I am 58 and have only had three jobs in my life, none of which I needed an interview or even a resume. And now that I am all worked up, over my identity theft and unemployment not paying its hard to concentrate on any thing except that. I don’t think I have the ability to take on the responsibilities or work load that I did. I have lost my self confidence for sure. To make it worse the wages seem to have really fallen in the HVAC field here, so now I am going to have to try and make it on far less income. Some how I have to get over this being terrified of going to an interview as I hope one will be offered shortly. I thank all you guys for your concern, even in someone you never met. THANK YOU !
I do have a great wife and family and a friend right now that has been a God send. I do exercise regularly, I hike with my dog daily 10-15 miles, shoot my bow to “ focus” my mind on something else. Sense you guys are so helpful and many are business owners and such. When talking or interviewing with some one about a job, I feel compelled to tell them of my situation and have asked for an apprentice position rather then a lead man. I feel my mind can’t be as acute as it once was, but figure once I get back in the swing of things hopefully that will change. It seems as though they are kinda apprehensive to hire, knowing what I am going through.
Ps I seriously don’t drink alcohol, even beer or do any other drugs.

Last edited by critter69; 02-21-2021 at 10:04 AM.
critter69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2021, 10:10 AM   #57
Johnny44
Ten Point

Hunt In: www.infowars.com

Good to see u are still alive...Prayers up
Johnny44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2021, 10:16 AM   #58
ClearcreekDC
Six Point

Hunt In: Denton County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny44 View Post
I hate these threads where an OP doesnít really respond. So many suicides could be prevented by immediately taking a couple of Tylenol extra strength every four or five hours.
Tylenol is horrible for you. He didnt say he was suicidal just he had anxiety. Be careful with the SSRI inhibitors. Thats what they try to push and they can really screw you up.
ClearcreekDC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2021, 10:22 AM   #59
toledo
Ten Point

Hunt In: the road by your lease

I've done a lot of interviewing. My suggestion is don't bring it up. As a hiring manager, you know people are going to have some issues. People that bring them up in an interview send up a red flag that things will be dramatic. I can handle people issues. I can't handle dramatic people. Hope this makes sense.

Also, keep in mind an interview about HVAC work is going to be more about technical knowledge. The people doing the interviewing are going to be more interested in your knowledge and reliability.
toledo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2021, 04:32 PM   #60
critter69
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo View Post
I've done a lot of interviewing. My suggestion is don't bring it up. As a hiring manager, you know people are going to have some issues. People that bring them up in an interview send up a red flag that things will be dramatic. I can handle people issues. I can't handle dramatic people. Hope this makes sense.

Also, keep in mind an interview about HVAC work is going to be more about technical knowledge. The people doing the interviewing are going to be more interested in your knowledge and reliability.
Yes I understand, but I also donít feel I am at 100% of performing a lead position and as to why I am trying to hire on as an apprentice, that alone will seem strange, and feel I should explain why.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:47 PM   #61
camoclad
Ten Point

Hunt In: central tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearcreekDC View Post
Tylenol is horrible for you. He didnt say he was suicidal just he had anxiety. Be careful with the SSRI inhibitors. Thats what they try to push and they can really screw you up.
Gospel truth
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2021, 07:27 PM   #62
Bluesman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Retired Bowhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter69 View Post
Sorry guys for not responding, I didnít expect this kind of response ! I am trying to bare through this. I have been looking for employment. I have always been afraid ( very high anxiety of talking in front of a group). I am 58 and have only had three jobs in my life, none of which I needed an interview or even a resume. And now that I am all worked up, over my identity theft and unemployment not paying its hard to concentrate on any thing except that. I donít think I have the ability to take on the responsibilities or work load that I did. I have lost my self confidence for sure. To make it worse the wages seem to have really fallen in the HVAC field here, so now I am going to have to try and make it on far less income. Some how I have to get over this being terrified of going to an interview as I hope one will be offered shortly. I thank all you guys for your concern, even in someone you never met. THANK YOU !
I do have a great wife and family and a friend right now that has been a God send. I do exercise regularly, I hike with my dog daily 10-15 miles, shoot my bow to ď focusĒ my mind on something else. Sense you guys are so helpful and many are business owners and such. When talking or interviewing with some one about a job, I feel compelled to tell them of my situation and have asked for an apprentice position rather then a lead man. I feel my mind canít be as acute as it once was, but figure once I get back in the swing of things hopefully that will change. It seems as though they are kinda apprehensive to hire, knowing what I am going through.
Ps I seriously donít drink alcohol, even beer or do any other drugs.
You're very much alive and have reached out for help, that's a huge step.
I struggle with panic and anxiety and having a fear of failure is the culprit. If you're in to HVAC Texas is the place to be, and if that's a relocation situation it may be another huge step in recovery.
When you realize that you can get it done your sails are set. At 58 years of age time starts to trickle down, accept that and continue on.
You can get it done. Reaching out is huge and don't forget it.
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2021, 09:53 PM   #63
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas & Old Mexico

As many have mentioned youíre not alone. Iíve had for years and mostly it was due to stress with my company. That company eventually failed and it got worse. A lot of it is mental but thatís very hard to control.... I was on meds for years probably since 2014-2015..... Those beds made a huge difference but made me very I motivated and I wanted to sleep al the time. This past year I decided to wean myself off of them and it was great for awhile.. Got my energy and spunk back but over time the anxiety has crept back up on me unfortunately... Bedtime and trying to sleep have been my biggest issues this round as my mind goes crazy when I lay down to sleep! I hate taking meds and being dependent on something like this but God made modern medicine for a reason...

I had a hunter with me a few weeks ago that struggles with these same issues. Has been in some really dark places like you speak of. He too was resistant to taking meds and was on and off of them for several years which is really dangerous and can cause worse issues. Some folks have mentioned that thereís a genetic test they can run to suggest what best for your body to metabolize and address your issues with less side effects. Check out genesite.com and ask your doctor about it. It helped him get the right meds for his body and has helped him tremendously. Iím requesting one from my doctor on Monday just to insure we are approaching my situation approximately.

As everyone has mentioned about itís also about staying busy, keep you mind on something and stay focused. Mine is way worse when I have nothing going on and nothing working. Now I have too **** many irons in the fire again but itís helping.... Iím not a big exercise guy but thatís going to change soon, I do drink but not as much as I did in the past and we are working on changing our diet... Itís not easy but as you see from the responses on this thread there are a lot of people that struggle with this as well from all walks of life! Hang in there and please let us know if you need anything or someone to talk to! It will get better with time.
Attachment 1041258

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KR-oldmexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2021, 10:34 PM   #64
critter69
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
As many have mentioned youíre not alone. Iíve had for years and mostly it was due to stress with my company. That company eventually failed and it got worse. A lot of it is mental but thatís very hard to control.... I was on meds for years probably since 2014-2015..... Those beds made a huge difference but made me very I motivated and I wanted to sleep al the time. This past year I decided to wean myself off of them and it was great for awhile.. Got my energy and spunk back but over time the anxiety has crept back up on me unfortunately... Bedtime and trying to sleep have been my biggest issues this round as my mind goes crazy when I lay down to sleep! I hate taking meds and being dependent on something like this but God made modern medicine for a reason...

I had a hunter with me a few weeks ago that struggles with these same issues. Has been in some really dark places like you speak of. He too was resistant to taking meds and was on and off of them for several years which is really dangerous and can cause worse issues. Some folks have mentioned that thereís a genetic test they can run to suggest what best for your body to metabolize and address your issues with less side effects. Check out genesite.com and ask your doctor about it. It helped him get the right meds for his body and has helped him tremendously. Iím requesting one from my doctor on Monday just to insure we are approaching my situation approximately.

As everyone has mentioned about itís also about staying busy, keep you mind on something and stay focused. Mine is way worse when I have nothing going on and nothing working. Now I have too **** many irons in the fire again but itís helping.... Iím not a big exercise guy but thatís going to change soon, I do drink but not as much as I did in the past and we are working on changing our diet... Itís not easy but as you see from the responses on this thread there are a lot of people that struggle with this as well from all walks of life! Hang in there and please let us know if you need anything or someone to talk to! It will get better with time.
Attachment 1041258

I looked up genesite.com, but only see some kind of DNA synthesis thing ( machine) What kind of test are you asking your doctor to do ? If itís in the attachment above, it wonít open for me . Thank you !
Old 02-21-2021, 10:40 PM   #65
critter69
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeghunts View Post
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. No meds and most folks only need 2 or 3 sessions to get relief. It works!

Edit: Prayer, bible reading and exercise increase the results tremendously.
Going to ask doctor about this, I never heard of it. Kaiser insurance, so iam sure he wonít know what I am asking. Thank you
Old 02-21-2021, 10:53 PM   #66
orchard
Four Point

Hunt In: errwhere

Yes. There is one thing that helps mine tremendously. None of the terrible side effects that the pills have. Unfortunately the good people of Texas think it frys your brain so it's illegal.
orchard is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2021, 10:57 PM   #67
critter69
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchard View Post
Yes. There is one thing that helps mine tremendously. None of the terrible side effects that the pills have. Unfortunately the good people of Texas think it frys your brain so it's illegal.
I have smoked weed in my younger days, but it ALWAYS made me extremely paranoid so I didnít smoke it often, am very reluctant to even try it again.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:01 PM   #68
critter69
Pope & Young

Quote:
I have smoked weed in my younger days, but it ALWAYS made me extremely paranoid so I didnít smoke it often, am very reluctant to even try it again. I wish that I could smoke it as my son manages a ď shopĒ here. But I am way to skeptical to consider it, because if I got paranoid on top of this, holy crap .
Old 02-21-2021, 11:36 PM   #69
Button
Six Point

Hunt In: Mostly the ocean

Quote:
Canít believe that myth is still alive in this era of information...yet it is.
Button is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2021, 12:44 AM   #70
HELLRAZOR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: JIM WELLS COUNTY

I get anxiety and praying, family and getting busy doing something you enjoyed helped me all the time, when it hits u the hardest just remember God will help win this battle bud, stay positive and move forward so this will pass ! / Praying for you....
HELLRAZOR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-28-2021, 12:12 AM   #71
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter69 View Post
I looked up genesite.com, but only see some kind of DNA synthesis thing ( machine) What kind of test are you asking your doctor to do ? If itís in the attachment above, it wonít open for me . Thank you !

Sorry Iím just seeing this. Iím not on TBH much anymore. It is indeed a gene test that will tell you or give the best options for your body to best metabolize to address your issues. It wonít tell you what to take but rather give you the best options for your generic make up for best results and the least amounts of side effects

Old 02-28-2021, 07:24 AM   #72
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerrville

Just from the outside, it seems the anxiety is situational and not clinical. Iím assuming that you were o k before these triggering events occurred in your life. If itís a chemical imbalance it can be treated with drugs, among other things talked about in previous post.
Iíve never experienced long lasting anxiety but have had short term at times. I liked what Sika said regarding control. We all think weíre in control until weíre not. Then we realize it. Control those things that you can, thoughts, words, and actions. Then commit them to God. Iím actually listening to Charles Stanley right now and heís preaching about ďpeaceĒ.
Peace is a gift of God that comes through the presence of Christ.
Believe God is in control. Believe His offer of peace is real and not live by feelings. Fully surrender your mind, wil, and emotion to Christ.
Will you still have trouble, fear, problems? Yes. But youíll respond differently to the circumstances in your life.
Hogmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2021, 06:15 PM   #73
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogmauler View Post
Just from the outside, it seems the anxiety is situational and not clinical. Iím assuming that you were o k before these triggering events occurred in your life. If itís a chemical imbalance it can be treated with drugs, among other things talked about in previous post.
Iíve never experienced long lasting anxiety but have had short term at times. I liked what Sika said regarding control. We all think weíre in control until weíre not. Then we realize it. Control those things that you can, thoughts, words, and actions. Then commit them to God. Iím actually listening to Charles Stanley right now and heís preaching about ďpeaceĒ.
Peace is a gift of God that comes through the presence of Christ.
Believe God is in control. Believe His offer of peace is real and not live by feelings. Fully surrender your mind, wil, and emotion to Christ.
Will you still have trouble, fear, problems? Yes. But youíll respond differently to the circumstances in your life.

Old 03-09-2021, 09:31 AM   #74
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Exercise. Last thing you want to do is try to drink your way thru it. Ask me how I know.
Meds do work for some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2021, 09:46 AM   #75
Lone_Wolf
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bosque Hill McLennan Navarro Counties

Anxiety is a normal state that everyone experiences from time to time depending on what life throws at you. Now there are some people that I truly do believe inherit, call it a chemical imbalance or whatever, but some folks do find help with medication. Anxiety stemmed from mental illness. If you fall in that category. Medication can help. If it's just life, then exercise, and find a good therapist. Some of the drugs have terrible side effects. Some are life savers. Finding the right medication is just trial and error, and is no fun. There are way to many people on meds that shouldn't be. That's for sure.
Lone_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2021, 09:52 AM   #76
Lone_Wolf
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bosque Hill McLennan Navarro Counties

Oh, and the guy pushing the miracle Tylenol cure, just must have some weird reaction to Tylenol. Ignore him.
Lone_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2021, 12:11 AM   #77
fkkhan
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler View Post
Like a lot of other guys said, get out and exercise, or just get out and do something. Just getting outside and moving around helps

Focus on one think at a time one day at a time

The worse thing you can do is nothing. Youíve got to dust yourself off and get it done, one piece at a time and one day at a time.

Donít depend on medicine to fix it. It may help and it may not. There are people in the world who love you and will help you. But you have to communicate with them and help them help you.

I have anxiety all the time. I just force myself to push thru it. People in life have pushed for me and every time I get overwhelmed I remember it and it inspires me to push for myself.
I noticed I was getting anxiety attacks when I was incredibly hungry or when my body felt overly uncomfortable, and I was having very self-degrading feelings about it for a while (ďwow, you can't even get hungry like a regular person?Ē) But, as I practise being more compassionate and forgiving of myself, I've come to understand that my body's request to take good care of it isn't so unreasonable.

Alternatively, I do something very close to this, except it is dependent on your senses. Begin by naming five objects you can see, four you can touch, three you can hear, two you can smell, and one you can taste. The same rationale helps me relax and divert my mind away from the root of my anxiety.
fkkhan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2021, 12:33 AM   #78
jer_james
Pope & Young

Recognizing is step one - Now you just have to train the mind to re-focus. Exercise is great, but anything that occupies the mind space that you can really focus on is what I would recommend.

I think the movement is a great idea for most everything, but the concentration and focus on the movement/activity is what will help ease the mind.

All just my opinion. Do something that causes you to focus on the movement/end game/ goal.

Take care - plenty of folks to reach out to.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2021, 01:29 AM   #79
ca1219
Six Point

Hunt In: The nude

I will put it in an order that has helped me through a few life changing situations to manage anxiety... God first, learn and take the time to let him speak to you! Exercise/workout, it can help and reduce stress/anxiety. Last but not least, and I know how a lot of people on this site frown down on people who are pro marijuana but it honestly helped me get through a very tough part of my life. I do not do it now, unfortunately because of my job however it blows my mind how many people consider this a gateway/horrible drug. A lot of people are still convinced and brainwashed by the myths that were created many years ago in regard to it!
ca1219 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top