No announcement yet.

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m struggling with that one. It’s off, how’s it going to drain the battery?

Comment

I put together a video showing some of the fish kill, and my thoughts on things, here in Rockport.

Check it out here:
      https://youtu.be/BGMg9bwXehs

I'm hoping we as fishermen can pull together and help out our fisheries, in whatever way is best. I'm looking forward to seeing how Texas Parks and Wildlife handles the situation to protect these waters.

Comment

Looks great Glenn, gonna scoot with that 350 Verado, the one's I've been on had 250's and they are far from slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post

The motor is off but pumps are still connected to batteries. I thought the same until I let a kid play like he was driving while we was fishing. It’s still a little hard to turn but the pumps drained the battery down quick.

When to start the boat and nothing, had to flip the perko to combined to get motor running. No more playing nascar of the boat with motor off. [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
            350 Verado

Two power poles on the jackplate, Bob's jackplate, 36v Terrova, 9" Garmin, wade ladder, modest stereo, vhf, etc. I'm gonna have Safe Floor installed as soon as they can do it. The livewell in front of the console is insulated so I can use it for my drink cooler. Fish box under the leaning post. Steps to get up on the front deck with room between them for a cooler when I need it, two storage compartments up front, livewel and 2 storage compartments in the rear, 2 cranking batteries, 3 trolling motor batteries and the Power Pole Charge battery management system. I think that is about it.
            Did you sell your boatwright?

Comment

I’m still not getting it. It’s hard to turn because the power steering pump is off. If it’s off how is it draining the battery?

Comment

I’m still not getting it. It’s hard to turn because the power steering pump is off. If it’s off how is it draining the battery?
                I would guess electric power steering. Turn wheel, the pump runs on battery

Capt...what about drift paddles on your power poles?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

The pump doesn’t come on when you turn the steering wheel. It’s hard AF to turn if the engine is off. At least that’s how it is on my boat. Maybe different on his.

Comment

Glen that's a beautiful boat. I really like the front deck and gunnel

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would assume electric power steering also.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        I would assume electric power steering also.
                        Why electric steering?

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                          Why electric steering?
                          I’m just guessing, my boat with hydraulic steering doesn’t drain the battery if I turn the wheel.

Comment

350 Verado

Two power poles on the jackplate, Bob's jackplate, 36v Terrova, 9" Garmin, wade ladder, modest stereo, vhf, etc. I'm gonna have Safe Floor installed as soon as they can do it. The livewell in front of the console is insulated so I can use it for my drink cooler. Fish box under the leaning post. Steps to get up on the front deck with room between them for a cooler when I need it, two storage compartments up front, livewel and 2 storage compartments in the rear, 2 cranking batteries, 3 trolling motor batteries and the Power Pole Charge battery management system. I think that is about it.

That’s awesome!! I love my 250 Verado. If your gonna get livescope I would say spend a little more and get a 12”. Can see so much more detail.

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

The pump doesn’t come on when you turn the steering wheel. It’s hard AF to turn if the engine is off. At least that’s how it is on my boat. Maybe different on his.

I’ll take a picture of the thing I’m talking about. All I know is what happened to me and to a few others so I thought I pass it along.

Comment

Nice boat Glenn! Can’t wait to see it rigged out!

Comment

Working...
                                X