No announcement yet.

Engine Replacement on Wife's New Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like more of Ford's computer simulations did not work for crap, kind of like the recall champ of the past, the Focus. There is no substitute for real world testing, don't care how good your computer programmer is.

Comment

I wouldn't give it to my middle daughter if it's gonna lose another engine and strand her. Trade that sucker in and get it out of your life.

Comment

2018 ford edge with a 2.0 replaced engine for the same problem

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Talk to the regional rep and go higher if you must. Lemon Law should apply here no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
            2018 ford edge with a 2.0 replaced engine for the same problem

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
            That's interesting. DIY? I reckon that's the way to get engines out of newer cars these days?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you are lucky it will catch on fire in a parking lot while your wife is shopping and insurance will buy it

I would not even make it back to the house after repairs made. Make them take the trade in hit or buy something different
              No way I would want my wife driving it and dang sure would not send my daughter out in it. No telling where it might decide to quit.
              I wouldn't even want to drive it

Comment

We’ve been trying to reach you about your cars extended warranty....

Comment

It’s time to part ways. Trade it back to the dealership you bought it from.

Comment

Sale it & buy insurance!!!!
                    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
                    Sorry I had to

Comment

FORD
                      Never again for me. Done
                      2005 F250 Harley Davidson
                      Replaced 3 motors.

Comment

You know what doesn’t break down?

Toyota 4runners. Casey deserves one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            You know what doesn’t break down?

Toyota 4runners. Casey deserves one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I tried to get her to get one last time and she didn't want one. After this next engine is installed, I'm getting rid of it. I think she wants an Expedition but I'm not sure. I'll never trust that this issue won't continue to happen. Apparently, part of the "fix" on the new engine involves reducing the amount of turbo boost which reduces power as well. So you don't even get a car with the engine specs that was payed for. I did some research and it looks like there is a class action lawsuit related to these engines. This doesn't scare me away from Ford though. I have owned lots of them over the years and this is the first one I've ever had an issue out of. I can't say the same for some other brands I've tried. I think any manufacturer can produce a problem model from time to time. This appears to be a really bad one. I'm still a Ford and Toyota fan.

Comment

This is what happens when you throw a turbo on an otherwise anemic engine in the name of global emissions and mpg. All the manufacturers do it because it's cheap and the average person only keeps a car a few years so who cares what's under the hood? Ford just doesn't have a very good track record with small cars, they focus more on their trucks.

Comment

Update

UPDATE: Well, we picked her car up from the dealer and went and traded it. She found a left over '20 Nissan Pathfinder SL "Rock Creek" edition that she liked so that's what she got. Hope it's better than that piece of crap she had... Nightmare over with that car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210306-175520_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	319.8 KB
ID:	24645688

Comment

Working...
                                X