No announcement yet.

Everybody needs one of these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My family owned a alfalfa farm in Colorado that supplied local dairy farms, holy smokes
    Those guys were 24/7 work , we worked from 7am to 8:30pm doing nothing but cutting and raking, bailing with trucks hauling as fast as we could load to keep them in silage and dry stack bailed, then all winter pumping cow **** out of a lagoon back into the fields to fertilize
    I admire your dedication

Comment

Hate the calf didn't make it

Sucks you are having to dump what is taking so much work to get

Comment

There is a 3 acre pond between me and the barn. Of course they walk as far away as possible so I can drive them up. This is the only outside trough I’ve got going. I fill it 6 plus times a day and let it run over too. They can wipe it out in under 10 minutes! Got 2 small poly tanks in drip shed I fill with hoses several times also.

Worked till 6:00 replacing the toilet that had a drip... 1 drop every 30 seconds. Dad thought that was priority #1 with all we had going and of course they broke the tank (2 hr round trip to get new one). Of course it wouldn’t fit the 30 year old flange so I had to do a tile job to make it work....

Still got power!! Special thanks and shout out to wood county electric coop. They are working as hard as anyone and get nothing but the negative.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for all the bad happenings and keep venting for your sanity! Prayers that things get on the up and up sooner than later.

Comment

Vent on, brother...I do not envy you in the slightest

Comment

Got to send my dad to drive milk hands husband to dialysis. He’s already a day late... ain’t looking good. I’ve drove 500 miles and never spun a tire. They been stuck and ran off road 4 times in less than 300 yards. Like watching my 4yo do long division.

Ponds starting to slush anyway!

Comment

Dangit, Kyle! That's some crazy stuff...watching a grown man cry because of no milk in the store while you are having to dump 1000's of gallons down the drain.

A tough life for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Dangit, Kyle! That's some crazy stuff...watching a grown man cry because of no milk in the store while you are having to dump 1000's of gallons down the drain.

A tough life for sure.
                  I volunteer at the food bank and it makes me sick to thank about the waste, the labor, cost ,effort, and then the desperate need for the product, and the logistics create waste danged weather

Comment

Just pulled the plug on another tank. I got about a dozen gallons to families this morning and a state trooper I got a gallon for yesterday stopped by and dropped off more containers for anyone in need.

Local restaurant got 6 gallons before I dumped

I got soccer moms driving 30 miles to get it... and professional drivers can’t get here. Lol. Think about that

Comment

Dang Kyle what a wild ride this has been. Sorry for your loss on the product but thanks for educating me on how all this works.

Keep posting when you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saved another 5 gallons before I finished dumping. Lady from Emory called and was willing to drive to get it

..... and milk company wants us to loose money by the day

Comment

Just filled a VP gas jug. Lol. That was a first... and it was white!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            Just pulled the plug on another tank. I got about a dozen gallons to families this morning and a state trooper I got a gallon for yesterday stopped by and dropped off more containers for anyone in need.

Local restaurant got 6 gallons before I dumped

I got soccer moms driving 30 miles to get it... and professional drivers can’t get here. Lol. Think about that
                            Not to horn in and rant about professional drivers
                            We have had clear roads and are on 0% propane and the drivers didn’t deliver, now we are just letting the storage center freeze no pickups or delivery and trying to save the house on fumes, soccer moms are better than pros sitting around drinking coffee on the clock

Comment

You might be on to something. I know I would pay for fresh milk right out of the teat!

Comment

Prayers for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X