Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

invest in stocks

Comment

So, it looks like GME dipped below $200 at 6:50AM this morning and has since shot up. Is there still a play to make here, or have we missed the boat on this one. I've heard alot of people having trouble buying/selling on alot of different platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Traders did to funds in reverse what they do to traders

GME had the most shares held short. So people bought the stock and ran it up so high they were forced to buy it all back.

So now traders are trying to force other short sellers into buying back all their shorts. It's freaking crazy.

If you have $5k in an account and you short $1k of GME at say $20..Once it runs to $100 the brokerage makes you buy back the shares you borrowed(shorted) because it will cost you 5k to buy it back. If it goes any higher they won't get their money from you. Thats a simple version
        The powers that be ARE NOT happy about this!!

I’m not even sure what to think.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
          So, it looks like GME dipped below $200 at 6:50AM this morning and has since shot up. Is there still a play to make here, or have we missed the boat on this one. I've heard alot of people having trouble buying/selling on alot of different platforms.
          GME may have run out (maybe not), but there are a couple more that people are saying to get because the after hours is going to go crazy.

Comment

I thought they'd be running AMC harder.

There may be too many plays now and getting spread thin. That means shorts will start winning again and rallies will be far less.

Be careful

Comment

I think they are really trying to concentrate on GME - which had 138.08% Short Interest

I actually love this movement. I think we are seeing a fundamental flaw in how options work in a modern world.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                I thought they'd be running AMC harder.

There may be too many plays now and getting spread thin. That means shorts will start winning again and rallies will be far less.

Be careful
                did you bail on CVM ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                  I had a little cash on the side in my IRA that I was willing to gamble with today. Wasn't going to use margin for this. Jumped in this morning and then sold at 370. Nice little tax free bump!

Worked fine on think or swim. I think TDA did make GME and AMC cash only for everyone on their platform sometime today. I was already out by then.

Comment

First majestic silver jumps 20% after hours on the day I closed my position. Rumored to have been mentioned on a certain Reddit page. I was up on it the few months I held and it wasn’t a large position by any stretch and wouldn’t have gotten rich, but certainly better than losing money.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                      The powers that be ARE NOT happy about this!!

I’m not even sure what to think.
                      [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7WbU9NekvI&ab_channel=MysticTony"]$GME Full CNBC Interview Chamath Palihapitiya - YouTube[/ame]

Best interview so far on whats going on. I am over on the penny stocks thread and will stay there with my picks but I thought yall might enjoy this clip.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                        did you bail on CVM ?
                        I sold half. Only got 22.50 Oh well.. It's not looking good. I think there are too many other stocks in play like SNDL

People saying SNDL will rally hard soon. I'm tempted to get in right now at 70 cents.

Comment

The more I read about r/wallstreetbets the more I appreciate what they’re doing. Literally fighting against the monied elite and making a mockery of the financial world. This is straight up raging against the machine in a non-violent fashion. Revolutionary.

Comment

SNDL is really fluctuating.

guess I should have exited CMV when I was up 40%. I need a better crystal ball. Mine is all foggy.

Comment

Holding on AMC, just bought into NOK

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

How does one get invited to the now private r/wallstreetbets ?

Comment

Working...
                                X